Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free doesn't match as an headset on Windows 10

The thing is that we shouldn't have to go through all these steps just to get it to connect, only to have it disconnect the next time we want to use them.

There should be a real solution from Bose

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 15, 2017

Also, remember, when we erase the Bluetooth List from the SSFs, It erases the "entire" list, so we now have to also add every bluetooth device back into to the headphones. Not a pleasant work around to say the least, but it is the only "free" one that I know that works.

BTW, I tried a bluetooth adapter.  The dongle I tried was made by Insignia and it di not work for me.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 7, 2018

Continuously clearing your list and repairing your devices is not a solution or work around. I've owned these headphones for three weeks and haven't seen any progress on a solution or even acknowledgment of the issue. I can only imagine the countless number of people with the same issues who are not represented on this forum.

I saw another poster mention a class action suit over a product that: Doesn't work on Windows 10, has a 1-2 second day between video/sound, battery meter does not reflect actual charge level, and bluetooth connection loss on one or both buds. Not to mention the cheesy line "these are meant for the gym," when another poster could not connect them to a Pelton bike (gym equipment).

Bose, with all due respect, because I've been using your products for a decade, if you released a half-baked product to the market to contend with Apple, JBL, ect - fix it. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 15, 2018

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

I am also a new owner, experiencing this same issue. Watching this page for any updates...

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 16, 2017

@Shiloh_C- I decided to take your advice and bought the BT400 adapter you referred to. Frankly I wasn't thrilled about it, but despite the frustration over having to spend more money to make my $250 headset work, it was only $12 for that BT adapter on Amazon, so it was a cheap experiment.

Cheap, and also a failed experiment.

I got the adapter today, installed it, and ran some quick tests. First, I can only have one BT adapter installed at a time - it disables the built-in BT adapter on my Surface Pro 4. I can live with that, but maybe that's an issue for others. But, after removing and re-pairing the Soundsport Free, I find the same problem exists. It connected fine for both voice and music, and worked great. There was still the delay playing video, but I figured that would be asking for too much anyway. Unfortunately, it did not survive a disconnect/reconnect (or a reboot, for that matter). It would not connect for anything other than voice on subsequent attempts.

I trusted that the promised December firmware update would help to problem, so I let my return period expire. After all, Bose has never let me down before. Now I guess I'm in it for the long haul, so hopefully you guys will come up with something better than trying to blame it on the BT adapter or drivers.

BTW, I'll repeat something I think I posted earlier in this thread. I also have the Bragi Dash BT earbuds, and they don't have these problems at all. They connect every time and work every time with my phone (Android), my tablet (Windows), and my PC (Windows). Admittedly they do SOMETIMES exhibit a video/audio delay, but stopping and restarting the movie usually corrects that. The only problem with the Bragis is they are SO uncomfortable. That, and the great results with prior Bose products, were what made me jump on the Soundsport Free's when they came out.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

TO:  pg5646

Thank you for the work around, was able to get both ears working on my Surface Pro 3 using those steps.  Volume was not very loud though evebn at 100, wonder if you or anyone else experienced the same thing?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

This is unacceptable behavior on Bose part to say this happens in isolated cases...  It seems like it happens with most if not all windoz 10 devices portable or not...

Get off your lazy ass BOSE and get this fixed...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 31, 2017

@GamesChess wrote:

Came back from lunch.... headset was playing out of 1 ear again... followed @Cronch240's steps and it repaired fine... just a hastle to do this every time I step away and come back

===

This is unacceptable behavior on Bose part to say this happens in isolated cases...  It seems like it happens with most if not all windoz 10 devices portable or not...

Get off your lazy ass BOSE and get this fixed...

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2018

Would you please provide a link to the post?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 20, 2018

It is a few posts before mine.  Here are the steps that worked for me (and which I have to do every time to make it play stereo in both ears).  H/t to the poster, these are not my steps:

• Press button on left side of the earbud for more than 10 sec until you hear “Bluetoothdevice list cleared”
  • Now go to your PC and open “Devices & Printer” by typing “devices” in windows search bar. It will open “Control Panel/Devices and Printer”
  • Find Bose headphone icon in the list and “Remove” by right clicking and choosing option “Remove”
  • Now go back to “Manage Bluetooth Devices” and make sure that SoundSport is not connected to paired. If you found then run remove.
  • Once removed “Restart your PC”
  • Once PC restarted. Note: Don’t turn on any music or videos on the PC at this moment.
  • Open Bluetooth control pannel and add your Bose SoundSport Free
  • Once connected go to action tray (right lower cornner) and find “Volume icon” -> right click and then open “Volume mixer”.
  • Once Volume mixer is opened, under devices you will find “Headphone (Name’s Bose SoundSPort Stereo), click on this to make it active.
  • Once again to back to action tray and find “Volume icon”->, right click and then click on “Sounds”
  • Once the Sound window is opened, click on Playback -> Look for Bose Headphone option (Not a Headset) -> select -> just below, on the main window click on “Set Default”.
  • Now turn on music or youtube. You should hear crisp sound in both earbuds.