Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 25, 2017

Re: SoundSport Free It only connects with "voice" but not with "sound"

Never resolved as far as I know...I'm amazed that Bose hasn't fixed this yet.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Everyone,

We appreciate your posting. I would recommend to anyone whos Soundsport Free's are not performing as they should, to contact their local Bose support for an exchange.Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to  " Contact Us"

Please come back and update us when you can

Tony

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 11, 2018

Hey Tony,

I've called on two occasions and was told that becausd my headphones paired and played properly with my Android device, they are working properly and Microsoft needs to fix Windows.

Even when I mentioned these threada, they were dismissed entirely.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 4, 2018

@Tony_G
We have returned them and gotten new ones, one guy commented that he's on his 3rd pair with the same issue... I got a replacement from best buy (new packaging and everything) I am still having the issue....
Since I bought this at best buy.... how would i get a refund for the product not working?
I really like Bose, but this has been the most frustrating experience. Please understand that we going through all the proper channels and are feeling ignored. We even went the extra mile to navigate a temporary solution and what's causing it. What more would we need to do to prove it's not just an isolated incident?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Hello @GamesChess

This headphone is having more than 1 issue.

1.-Windows can't be pair in normal way.

2.-Iphone if you use youtube App there is a huge delay, same as in windows

3.-Android Huge delay same as in windows

Seems like If we use this headphone only in Mac environment maybe it can be use in normal way:

1.- With MaCbook after last update (1.3.2) this working without delay and problems.

2.-Iphone other app apart from youtube app - videos play without delay.

If you have windows/android devices and want to watch videos just dont buy this headphone.. if in the store dont work with your devices...dont believe that BOSE will Fix this soon..

But is really a shame that a good sound quality product(also expensive), get out to the market without be properly tested in multi platform.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free doesn't match as an headset on Windows 10

I have the exact same issue.  I have tried this on three different laptops all running the latest Windows 10 with latest updated drivers.  My symptoms are exactly the same as  SalientIrrelevance is experiencing.  Two of the laptops are Lenovo Carbon X1 Thinkpads and one is a Dell XPS 13.  All installations of Windows 10 are up to date.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

This is the solution that worked for me from the one of the previous posts. Also, I updated the Intel bluetooth driver and restarted the pc. After that the connection is stable and it would connect to stereo everytime I connect.  Please note: You might receive the device drivers are updated when you check the "update driver" in device manager. Download the drivers from the manufacturer site. I had Intel bluetooth and Intel has a tool that scans our pc and checks for updates.

Step 1: Take out the earbuds from the charging case, press the button on the left bud to enter pairing mode (blue blink).

Step 2: From your laptop (Window 10), go to All settings> Devices> add Bluetooth & other devices> choose your SSF name and connect (you may notice that it shows "connected voice, music" and quickly changes to "connected voice" only. Just ignore it now, move on to next step.)

Step 3: On the same setting window, click on "Devices and printers."

Step 4: Right click the SSF icon, choose Properties, go to Services tab, UNCHECK all, then apply and ok to quit.

Step 5: Put the earbuds back to the charging case wait until their connection status on the Bluetooth devices list (on the setting window) changes to "Paired," take out the earbuds.

Step 6: Do the same as step 1 to enter pairing mode. REMOVE SSF from the list, then re-connect it. Now you'll see it status as "connected to voice, music." as I do.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

To All and SIlent Starter - thanks for the attepmpt and note to update the driver.  I did go to the Intel site and did in fact update my driver on my HP x360 Spectre ( the HP assistant did not offer the update, but direct at Intel I was able to get an update bluetooth driver).   HOWEVER, no luck in resolving the stereo connect.  I can cycle back and reconnect every time to my PC from my iPhone, but as soon as I try to play an audio or video, it drops the stereo connection and switches to the single headphone input.  Then I have to disconnect and reconnect to see the stereo connect, but it drops as soon as i try the windows media play, groove, audible or other.

Note that reconnecting seems a tiny bit more consistent, but so does the droping of the stereo profile connect.

We need bose to resolve this problem, and we need a Bose Connect app on Windows to control and update the device from WIndows PC, and be competative with other products like Plantronics, Braggi, and others that know how to connect.  All other bose wireless seem to work but these?  Can anyone offer a different view or test??  Bose is not even acknowledging a problem and working on it.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 23, 2018

I am having the same problem as everyone else. I have the Soundsport Free Headphones and a Surface Pro 4. Audio only works out of one ear. I called Bose. The tech seemed extremely uninterested in helping me and had me run through a couple of things before saying " I think you need to call the manufacturer of the Laptop to sove this problem. It was almost like he wanted to just give the appearance of helping me but, all along, he knew he wasnt going to be able to do so. So i said, "hold on, I have another set of wireless earbuds, let me try and get those to connect". I asked if he could hold on while i got them and he said, "as long as its not too long". I got the other earbuds, paired them with the Surface Pro 4 and they worked perfectly and without having to fuss about it. He said again that i would have to call Microsoft for a fix. I realize that he wasnt going to take responsibility for the issue so i said thank you and hung up. I have been a life long Bose user and have been very happy with their products until this issue. They are so dropping the ball by not owning up to this and working on a fix. They would be so much better off by acknowledging the issue and saying that they are actively working on a fix.

They are past the 45 return policy of Best Buy rewards members so I guess im stuck with them. But spending 270.00 for headphones that dont work with Windows 10 devices is a hard pill to swallow.

By the way, the other earbuds I tested were the Braggi "The Headphone" Earbuds. They sound great and I would highly recommend them. I use them when I sleep cause they dont jut out as far and are more comfortable when my head is on the pillow.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 27, 2017

I tried updating to a newer driver from Intel for the Bluetooth, on my hp specter x360, and still cannot play stereo. Only headset. I have to reconnect but once headset takes over, you have to disconnect and reconnect to even get the headphone profile to connect.

Hp says to go to Bose to get the fix.