Mar 26, 2019
Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!
I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty connecting your SoundSport Free Headphones and your Windows 10 computer. As you have already tried the troubleshooting and suggested fixes in this thread to no avail I would suggest calling the customer care team as they would be more than happy to assist you further.
Should you need anything else then please get in touch, have a great day!
Once again, follow my instructions I have listed in this thread. No windows update is going to fix this issue. Follow my instructions and you should be fine.
Once again, your fix (really a temporary band-aid) is hit and miss. Plus, even if it does work, there is still the problem where the audio lags. ultimately, I will NOT be buying from Bose again. Every other "truly wireless" pair of earbuds do not have either of these problems... For less money?
My fix is not hit or miss and it's not temporary if you're following the instructions right. I've been using my bose without inceident for nearly a year now. This fix is for people trying to connect their ear buds to a windows 10 PC/laptop. Not mobile devices, not tablets, or other bluetooth connecting devices. The audio lag is a completely seperate issue that has been resolved on a completely seperate thread. The fix works fine. Follow the instructions.
Sep 7, 2019
I just made an account to contribute to this thread as well.
I, as well, was trying to fix this issue the last 5 hours. I've had many different states throughout this process:
1. Starting point: Connected, but only as voice; I tried to delete the Bluetooth devices and repair a few times, until ...
2. ... I couldn't connect to Bose anymore at all - at this point I found out that removing the device/uninstalling did nothing as turning bluetooth off and on caused them to reapper; it might help to check this as well - I don't know if my problem would have been fixed without fixing this beforehand - the important part here for me was to disable internet access entirely, enable flight mode and then uninstall the bluetooth devices for your bose headset via the device manager (make sure to enable show hidden devices, as with flight mode off the bluetooth devices won't be shown my default); at this point I thought I had it, but ...
3. ... I was back at the starting point - connected, but only as voice - again 😕 I tried many of the solutions mentioned in this thread, none of which seemed to work. I still believe that some of the solutions Kevin posted might have been important in my process, but it really only started working after, ...
4. ... I've installed the 1903 windows update. I know a lot of people say this doesn't help, but this was really the only way I got it working finally.
Therefore, if anyone has this problem, I suggest to:
1. make sure that your Windows is up-to-date (at least version 1903)
2. try Kevins solutions
3. check if deleting bluetooth devices really works by turning bluetooth off and on and check if they reappear automatically -> then try to fix this and afterwards repeat step 1 & 2
Oct 7, 2019
FOUND SOLUTION FOR ME
I just purchased the earbuds and had the exact same issue. Works perfect with my galaxy gear S3 and Samsunga galaxy S8. I tried all things described, but something different worked for me... (Maybe I was lucky)
I hope this can help someone else too.
I simply had to enter my sound settings in windows -> Right click on standard speaker running Realtek sound drivers and select properties -> Select properties one more time in front-tab named "Generally" -> Click on driver tab -> Search for update automatically.
i was lucky that windows automatically found update which brought the driver up to date from 2014(!!) to 2017.
That was it, now the audio module is not crashing, so maybe it is the sound drivers that needed updating..?
I hope this is relevant to the issue - it worked for me.
Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums.
I am so happy that you have found a solution that works for you and thank you for sharing.
If this solution works for other community users I would love to hear from you.
Nov 10, 2019