Hudginsdj
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free Left Earbud Not turning on

Yeah, but my left earbud never flashes. The indicator light on the charger flashes white like it’s charging but I never have any functionality from the left earbud anymore.
Dodymsc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

When you take the earbuds out of the case, both should flash or blink although not necessarily the same way. If the left does not, press the BT button. If it still does not even though it was charging before (it is charged and not flat) and no connect sound (beep) comes through it it is likely that the earbud is dead. If the left earbud flashes or blinks, follow my procedure and let me know.
Hoopersu
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

I am having exactly the same issues.  First time I used it both R & L worked fine.  Now only the R works.

Does ANYONE have a solution or is this a product flaw?

Hoopersu
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jan 29, 2019

Mine are both fully charged.  But the L one is not working.  I have tried the various tips but this doesn’t work.

It seems to me from this thread that there is a serious issue.  What do you advise doing?  Clearly one earbud makes no sense.

Dodymsc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

Hello,

First, while using the phone (including VoIP), only the right earbud will work by design. This is not a flaw. However, while listening to music or watching a video, both earbuds should work.

Have you tried the procedure that I posted a few days ago? It worked for two of my friends who had the problem. As explained, if you know that the left earbud works (you can hear the bip while pressing the BT button), it is very likely to be a Bluetooth sync issue. You need to delete all previous SSF entries in your source device and in Bose connect. Then you put both earbuds in the case, press the BT button on the left earbud for a few second. When you take them out, the left earbud should blink blue. If it blinks white, it will not work so put it back into the case and do it again. When the right earbud blinks blue, it will initiate the sync with your source device and the left earbud.

And the fix seems to be permanent or at least last several weeks.

Got no problem since.

sjansar
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

My left ear bud also not working. When it is in the charging box, box lits the left charging light. But taking it out left piece doen't connect my phone at all. I bought one month before hardly 3-4 times both the pieces worked good. 

I think I need to contact to Bose customer service. I am big fan of bose products this is very first one which has some issue.

Please do help out if it can be fixed otherwise please replace it. Thanks

Dodymsc
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 5, 2019

Put both earbuds in the case and then press the BT button on the left earbud for 5 seconds. Then take both earbuds out of the case. Does the left earbud blink white or blue?
Louis19
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 21, 2019

same problem but me the left one wont even turn on in the charger case it fully charge i did the firmware update i have a htc one m9 for phone and i did try to connect on my ipod and nothing i did clear cache my phone for the bose app and did unpair the device and nothing even in the bose app if i go in production line it says my left earbud is not connected 

when i took them out of the case only the right one will blink white for a couple of second and them blink blue nothing from the left one it sad we cant even reset them to factory default

the sad part is i only has able to play them for 3 hrs and that it  not even 24hrs after i got them 1 is dead i paid 350$ with the extra warranty

Highlighted

Hello Louis19! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, but would like to help. When the earbuds are in the charging case, do the lights indicate that the left earbud is charging? 

You might also refresh the Bluetooth connection with the following steps:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds or until you hear the voice prompt say "Bluetooth device list cleared".
  2. Remove the headphones from your mobile device's Bluetooth list.
  3. Pair and test for function

Let us know so we can assist you further.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Bossman
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2019

I have the new soundsport free and the left earbud is not working also. I have only had these for a couple of months. I have tried everything that has been recommended on this forum and nothing is working. Can you please tell me what the next step is to get these replaced. Do I take them back to where I purchased them. Thanks