Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

Soundsport Free Left Earbud Not turning on

Hi,

I've tried looking up this issue on the forums but haven't quite found anyone else facing the same issue: I got the Free's about 2 weeks ago and they've been working well, I've had no issues except for the left earbud occasionally dropping for a few seconds. Today when I tried to use them there was no sound at all from the left earbud. The Connect app shows the left earbud grayed out. I know they've been charged because I keep the charging case fully charged, and there's no dirt or dust on the charging pins. I think the left earbud isn't turning on when I take it out of the case because the white Bluetooth LED on the earbud that indicates the earbud is connecting doesn't turn on. I can't use the left Bluetooth button at all, I've tried holding it for 10 seconds to no avail. I've already contacted customer service so hopefully they can resolve it soon. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundsport Free Left Earbud Not turning on

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Gabcheng16,

Thanks for posting. If you have tried all the troubleshooting offered like, 

• Updating your headphones by going to btu.bose.com on your computer and following the instructions.
  • Clearing and repairing your headphones.
  • Seeing if the issue is consistent over multiple devices

If those steps aren't working, I would contact your local support team for assistance using this link. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G

View solution in original post

161 REPLIES 161
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Hi,

Yes, unfortunatelly I'm having exactly the same issue.

Did you get any reply from customer service on this issue?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Hi I had same issue left bud despite being charged would not turn on. Raised with support folks ran through some test and eventually sent back and received new pair... Bonus is now I am on old firmware again which seems to be better than very latest in terms of drop outs.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 25, 2018

Hi
I had same issue left bud despite being charged would not turn on. Raised with support folks ran through some tests and eventually sent back and received new pair... Bonus is now I am on old firmware again which seems to be better than very latest in terms of drop outs.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello, 

Thank you for writing in. If you notice the left earbud turning off, try pressing the Bluetooth button to wake it. If this does not help, the left earbud battery may be fully drained. To check this:

1. Place the left earbud into the charging case for one minute, allowing it to charge (make sure the charging case also has a charge). 

2. After it has charged for a minute or more, remove the left earbud and see if it reconnects.

3. If it reconnects, open the Bose Connect app on your mobile device to check the battery percentage. If the battery percentage is low (close to zero), we have verified that the left earbud's battery is depleted and needs charging. 

Let us know if this helps with an update. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

Hi,

Unfortunately trying to reset it didn't work, so I had to exchange it for a new pair with Bose. Hopefully you can get your situation worked out.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

i have the same problem..... 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

i have the same problem, left earbuds not conected and bluetooth not functions. how to fix this problem.......

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 29, 2017

@yadi72 wrote:

i have the same problem, left earbuds not conected and bluetooth not functions. how to fix this problem.......

I had to send in the old pair for a replacement, hopefully you can get it sorted out. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2018

Where to send to get a replacement ?