nmpreddy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer(Dell Inspiron)

Hi,

I have connected my soundsport free wireless headset to Dell laptop but disappointingly only right bud works. I could see similar question in the community but without solution. Can Bose support provide the solution atleast now?

Thanks,

Manoj N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
CptVolkan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer on Windows

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Everyone ,

I am not so familiar with forum stuff. So I could not post a new thread. So I am replying to one of you. I hope my solution works for you all. At least you dont need to delete device list of the headset everytime which is a lame answer and useless. Although I am not and the BOSE is the one to find a solution and as this is my 3rd pair I also am an unhappy customer. Anyways.

Make sure nothing not even a notification is played while you are doing this procedure. 

Just remove you headset from your device list and turn off any other device that your headset wants to connect. Eventually you device will ask for a new connection. with standart way add the bluetooth device. After that go to devices and printers find your headset whatever you named it. On services tab just leave Audio Sink and Remotely Controlable deviceand uncheck the other two. And basicly that is it.

NOW the important part. Although for an expensive set that is not what we should have done BUT since BOSE is not working on it at all ;

Everytime you are trying to connect to the PC make sure after you pull the earbuds out of the box. Make sure they found each other and connected.  Because right ear bud makes its connection with PC quicker than the left bud. So it leaves it out. But even you missed that. Still if you turn off your bluetooth on PC then turn it on. It should still work. So what I do now is if I want to connect to PC , i turn BT off for a while and wait for the Soundsport free to connect to each other and stabilize then turn BT on again. it works fine. Also even if you just switch between phone and pc and other devices it works on my setup. But make sure YOU CONNECT TO THE PC FIRST. If you connect to the phone and try to switch by the button on the earbud it will not work. If you have connected to the phone and trying to switch just put it in the charging case and turn off the BT on phone and then take it out give it sometime and let it connect to the Windows.

So I have a Surface Pro the newest running on i5 and Galaxy S8+ and soundsport free (but not hassle free...)

Anyone has a question or something I forgot to mention let me know...

Ciao...

*Moderator Edit*

36 REPLIES 36

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer(Dell Inspiron)

Hello Manoj! Sorry for getting to this late. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear about that. What version of Windows are you running? Have you tested your headset on a different device such as a smartphone or tablet? Also, let's try placing the headset back into the charging case, remove the headset from the list of Bluetooth devices on your laptop and then try re-connect them. 

Let me know your findings when you get the chance!

Thank you and be well,

Mohsin - Bose Support

TYEP71
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 22, 2018

This was in another post and it worked for me. 

I have however found a method that I have been able to repeat and will 95% of the time result in a successful stereo connection. The steps to reproduce are as follows:

1. Plug in Sports Free(SF) case to windows 10 device (laptop for me)
2. Clear SF bluetooth device list
3. Remove SF from Windows 10 device list
4. Put SF earphones into case (resuts in Bose Sports Free devices, 1 for each, showing in device list)
5. Remove SF earphones from case
6. Pair Windows 10 Device to earphones (should result in a 'Connected voice, music' device)

nmpreddy
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 14, 2018

Hi Mohsin,

Thanks for the response!

I did try in 3 different laptops and I could same problem in all of them. There are no settings to change. 

Both buds are working with smart phone. And while listening to music on phone, sound suddenly drops in one of them for a second and picks up as if its a surround sound effect which is not. Its so wierd and irritating.

Thanks,

Manoj 

Hi there Manoj,

I'm very sorry to hear that your experience has been frustrating.

The SoundSport Free headphones, as I'm sure you already know, have call audio only in the right ear.  This is because we chose a master/puppet design for the earbuds where the right is the master and the left is the puppet. 

When connecting for a phone call to a device the headphones would use the Hands-Free profile in order to make the call and activate the microphone and default to mono audio.  It sounds like the headphones are connecting to your computer using this profile while is resulting in the mono audio in the right bud.  

However, based off of your mention of the audio dropping out, I would suggest that you reach out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to help you from there.

Thank you for posting and I hope that you have a wonderful day,

Shiloh 

Rupesh Sawant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 21, 2018

I have also noticed same issue with Soundsport Free i.e. I am using HP Pavilion 11-h115tu x2 Laptop in which though my Soundsport Free got connected with Music and Voice Options in Windows 10 Professional OS. But as soon as I try to play music connection to Stereo Mode drops and switched to Communication Profile and I could not hear sound from left ear bud. Surprisingly, I have been using same laptop with my Bose Bluetooth Head BT2 and both Stereo as well as Communication profiles were available and I used to listen songs thru Stereo profile always.

Even customer support of Bose unable to help me as I have sahred my screen and shown this LIVE.

The same bluetooth works on other few computers. HP areday confiormed that this is to be taken care by Bose in their firmware. 

JMJ2387
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Is there anyway you guys can develop an application similar to what you have for phones, but for Windows?
Highlighted
CptVolkan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Everyone ,

I am not so familiar with forum stuff. So I could not post a new thread. So I am replying to one of you. I hope my solution works for you all. At least you dont need to delete device list of the headset everytime which is a lame answer and useless. Although I am not and the BOSE is the one to find a solution and as this is my 3rd pair I also am an unhappy customer. Anyways.

Make sure nothing not even a notification is played while you are doing this procedure. 

Just remove you headset from your device list and turn off any other device that your headset wants to connect. Eventually you device will ask for a new connection. with standart way add the bluetooth device. After that go to devices and printers find your headset whatever you named it. On services tab just leave Audio Sink and Remotely Controlable deviceand uncheck the other two. And basicly that is it.

NOW the important part. Although for an expensive set that is not what we should have done BUT since BOSE is not working on it at all ;

Everytime you are trying to connect to the PC make sure after you pull the earbuds out of the box. Make sure they found each other and connected.  Because right ear bud makes its connection with PC quicker than the left bud. So it leaves it out. But even you missed that. Still if you turn off your bluetooth on PC then turn it on. It should still work. So what I do now is if I want to connect to PC , i turn BT off for a while and wait for the Soundsport free to connect to each other and stabilize then turn BT on again. it works fine. Also even if you just switch between phone and pc and other devices it works on my setup. But make sure YOU CONNECT TO THE PC FIRST. If you connect to the phone and try to switch by the button on the earbud it will not work. If you have connected to the phone and trying to switch just put it in the charging case and turn off the BT on phone and then take it out give it sometime and let it connect to the Windows.

So I have a Surface Pro the newest running on i5 and Galaxy S8+ and soundsport free (but not hassle free...)

Anyone has a question or something I forgot to mention let me know...

Ciao...

*Moderator Edit*

maxnuk
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Mar 24, 2018

I do not know why Bose does this to us ...
Now I know why making Custom Mod Worth it!
What's the use of having the best customer service, if the firmware is crap ...
AlexO1
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

Thanks a lot! Worked like a charm