Mohaned
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 28, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer(Dell Inspiron)

I have the same issue were only the right bud works with windows 10, but one time both of them works but now I can’t make them works again, I tried to disconnect them putting them back to the case, forget the device and connect again but nothing was successful, the buds works fine with apple devices, only the issue with windows.
Please advise.

@Mohaned thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear that. Try also removing the SoundSport Free from the list of Bluetooth devices in Windows. Also, make sure the Bluetooth drivers are updated on your computer. Please refer to the manufacturer to get the latest drivers.   

Thank you again, 

Mohsin

deadirishpoet
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 29, 2018

THAT WORKED

THANK YOU THANK YOU A MILLION THANK YOU
Stevepug2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 9, 2018

Hi! Just one more response to this issue. I actually have been able to get my Soundsport Free buds to work in full stereo on my Surface Pro, I just can't tell you how I did it! Lots of trying everything and suddenly it was working out of both buds. Trouble is, as soon as I turn off the computer, I lose that full connection next time I turn it on. But what I really wanted to say is that these great truly wireless ear buds sound better on the computer than on anything else. They get SO loud! What a trip, and not a hint of distortion. I have tried several truly wireless ear buds and none could compare with the sound on these Bose beauties. But they sound best on the Surface Pro. Too bad it's so difficult to get them to work out of both sides!
benshellie@icloud.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 28, 2018

The sequence of steps worked - I now have stereo sound from my earphones - thank you!

nfranqui2
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

Not an expert but I worked around the Windows 10 settings and have found a solution that seems to work permanently for me and I do not need to do repeat any steps when reconnecting the Free SoundSport headphones.

1. Type Bluetooth and other devices settings into Cortana search bar and open it

2. Click Devices and Printers under 'related settings' of the right side

3. Right click Bose Free SoundSport device > sound settings

4. Right click the 'Headphones' playback device connection for the SoundSport device > Properties. *Note: You should see two connected Bose playback devices, one for 'Headphones' and one for 'Headset'. DO NOT select headset

5. Go to 'Spatial sound' tab and select 'Windows Sonic for Headphones' > Apply

6. Go to Enhancements tab and select all 3 enhancements [Bass Boost, Headphone Virtualization, Loudness Equalization] > Apply

Not sure which one of the above solved it but it seems to work fine now and it also sounds so much better!

Community Manager

Hello nfranqui2

Step number 4 would be the solution here.  When selecting headset, it is latching onto the HFP Bluetooth profile which allows communication through Bluetooth.  With the nature of the SoundSport Frees, while on a phone call, only the RIGHT ear bud transmits audio.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

shloak_22
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 5, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer on Windows

Hi,

Thanks a lot, your solution worked out for me.

nwalther02
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 22, 2018

This worked for me as well. The steps I took to replicate are:

1. Plug in case to Windows 10 Dell Inspirion computer (this comp just happened to be what I use).

2. Place headphones into case.  Go to Bluetooth & other devices configuration screen. Scroll down until you see the heading Other Devices. You should see two Bose Free SoundSport entries under that list:

Bose Soudsport Free settings.jpg

3. Remove the headphoners from the case and those two entries will disappear.

4. Using the bluetooth button on the left earbud, pair the Bose Free SoundSport headphones with your Windows 10 device. 

5. The headphones will appear as Connected voice, music:

Connected Voice-Music.jpg

6. You should now be able to hear sound from both earbuds.

Basically, your goal should be to ensure that under the Audio section of the Bluetooth & other devices configuration screen, you read Connected music, voice.

Note to Bose: This process needs to be easier. Please research a solution for easier connectivity. It is a Bose problem, not a user issue nor a Windows 10 software issue. Audio can be heard from both earbuds so it's not a hardware issue, but probably an issue from the master/puppet connectivity design. It's definitely fixable.  

bobak
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer on Windows

The fact that you need to wait for the left to connect to the right since it is puppet is cruicial. The right tries to connect to the laptop first and the left gets left out.