midhunsai
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer on Windows

Try to connect both the ear buds in the first step and then attempt to connect to Laptop. It worked for me.

bsmith8317
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

I’ve tried for an hour to get these to work with a Surface Pro 2017, most up-to-date Bluetooth drivers, to no avail. They constantly disconnect and reconnect in headset only mode.

This is the absolutely worst pair of headphones I’ve ever purchased. These are not user friendly, and I feel the “Master/Slave” argument is just a fatal design flaw and an oversight that’s being used as an excuse, when this “working as intended” is not anywhere on the box or in the docs.

I also can’t use them with FaceTime on my iPhone, it just kicks them off into speakerphone mode.

Seriously, this is a easy return decision. I’ll go back to my AirPods, that sound less good but “just work”, like any consumer would and should expect.
rblanton
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

The earbuds install only as headset for me, hence I am stuck with the left ear off on my PC. These have been far too much trouble for the money.

Ron

JMJ2387
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer(Dell Inspiron)

I believe if they can make an app that overrides the windows settings it may work.

Hi all,

Thanks for contributing to this post. We have another thread that might be of assistance that you can see here:

Soundsport FREE with Windows 10 – FIX "100% WORKING!"

Please let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

JMJ2387
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Your dumb if you think that is a fix. I should not need to redo 20 steps of nonsense every 5 minutes.
Stevepug2
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

May 9, 2018

So agree.
Im_Gamaro
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 3, 2019

Hi all, 

I think I found a fix that should work on your end too. If its a windows 10 computer (havent tested with other versions of windows), make sure all your drivers are up to date, after that follow these steps. 

1. Make sure you have unpared your earbuds from your computer

2. Have your case ready, turn of your earbuds by plugging them in and take them out when they turn of in the case

3. Press the function button until both earbuds are in pair mode (blue light blinking)

4. Then put the RIGHT earbud back in the case leaving you with the LEFT earbud in your hands now blinking red

5. Open up your bluethooth setting and press "Add Bluetooth or other device" button, click Bluetooth

6. Now take out the RIGHT earbud out of the case, turn it on and switch it to pair mode.

7. If both earbuds dont blink blue, keep trying to press both the buttons on both earbuds until they both show blue lights

8. Now try to find your device name in the pair list on your computer and pair with the device

I have a slight idea how this works but Im am confused as hell. I think it has something to do with the LE-Bluetooth in the left earbud and the difference in the right earbud. Its probably some connection usue that happens when the left and right earbud try to connect to each other. What ever it is,still a huge failure on both part of Bose and Windows. Have been working on this for around 2 weeks now. This is working on both of my laptops and seems to be no more issues when reconnecting. If anyone need specific details feel free to ask, seems like allot of people have this issue. Please try this fix to see if it works on your end I'm still not sure why this happens.

*Note, I haven't messed with the 'Spatial Sound' and the 'Enhancements' in the 'Headphone Properties' Section

theBoseFree
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 6, 2019

hi

so here is the solution to this problem.

I check how the Windows 10 could work with my bose free headphone and apparently that the computer connects to the headphones before the left connected to the other side.

so the solution that I found for now is to turn off Bluetooth in the computer and then turn on the headphone white like 30 sec and then connected them to a computer and its work just fine every time.

one more thing and important is that when you connected to the computer is let you chose between two protocols so

chose the one with headphone, not the one with the screen its two protocol to connect so chose only one

D J S
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 22, 2019

Thanks for this post.  Worked great with ThinkPad YOGA tablet enabled PC.  Seconds to get it working.