CptVolkan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 12, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer(Dell Inspiron)

You are a genius. Solved totally thanks. Working flawlessly for a month.
darkskyarts
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

Thank you so much TYEP71, you're the man... I did as you said and it worked! now to be extremely careful, i just make sure to turn off BT on my windows before turning it on my phone vise-versa.. Thank You once again man. 

ZEEXZ
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 12, 2019

@nwalther02 wrote:

This worked for me as well. The steps I took to replicate are:

1. Plug in case to Windows 10 Dell Inspirion computer (this comp just happened to be what I use).

2. Place headphones into case.  Go to Bluetooth & other devices configuration screen. Scroll down until you see the heading Other Devices. You should see two Bose Free SoundSport entries under that list:

Bose Soudsport Free settings.jpg

3. Remove the headphoners from the case and those two entries will disappear.

4. Using the bluetooth button on the left earbud, pair the Bose Free SoundSport headphones with your Windows 10 device. 

5. The headphones will appear as Connected voice, music:

Connected Voice-Music.jpg

6. You should now be able to hear sound from both earbuds.

Basically, your goal should be to ensure that under the Audio section of the Bluetooth & other devices configuration screen, you read Connected music, voice.

Note to Bose: This process needs to be easier. Please research a solution for easier connectivity. It is a Bose problem, not a user issue nor a Windows 10 software issue. Audio can be heard from both earbuds so it's not a hardware issue, but probably an issue from the master/puppet connectivity design. It's definitely fixable.  

@nwalther02

Sir, I did as you told and IT WORKS !!!!!

Thank you very much for the advice, could've been bad if I don't get your advice here.

My laptop is 

ASUS ROG : TUF FX504 SERIES

and this advice still work on my case.

VPP
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

May 26, 2019

Finally, I found one simple solution that works for me. Just need to update Windows 10 to May 2019 Update (1903)!

Credit @Lolato for suggestion below:

https://community.bose.com/t5/In-Ear-Headphones/Soundsport-FREE-with-Windows-10-FIX-quot-100-WORKING...

Note: This Windows update is quite big and takes very long to finish.

Broodrooster
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 24, 2019

I had to delete both devices from the device manager, it connected to the wrong device and gave mono sound for me.

steps taken

1. put both earbuds in the case
  2. start "device manager"  on laptop
  3. go to audio devices
  4. delete 2 devices with the name i gave them
  5. take out earbuds and put in ear
  6. click rescan in the device manager

the last step took about 5 seconds, I had music playing via the laptop speakers but it switched to the earbuds within the 5 seconds

egasamudra
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free Left bud does not work with computer on Windows

Thank you !! i was wondering what todo since i've got this trouble and now it solve thank to you and yes i found that we cant switch from phone to pc and have to put them on the charging case before connect to pc 

arjun.krishkutty
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 17, 2019

This issue got fixed for me with HP elitebook by : 1.Clearing device list from bose earphones 2.Removing device from laptop 3.Placing the buds back to the holster 4.Pairing the earbuds again with PC