Highlighted
tingersoll
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Soundsport Free Mesh Screen

I was just following the directions to clean my ear buds and was using a toothbrush against the mesh screen ... and my left bud’s mesh tore about half off with minimal pressure. Now no sound in left ear bud. Anybody have any suggestions? Not about to go buy another set if they’re this fragile (I’m also 3 months out of warranty), but would be up for a repair cost. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free Mesh Screen

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

A quick search turned up this article on how to clean the mesh screen:

• To deep clean the mesh screen, follow these steps:
  1. Remove the tips from the earbuds
  2. Apply a small amount of hydrogen peroxide (maximum concentration, 3%) to the mesh surface of the earbud using a soft cloth or tissue (be careful not to allow excess liquid to enter the open port on the earbud)
  3. Let the earbuds sit for five minutes to allow the wax to soften
  4. Wet a soft-bristled toothbrush with hydrogen peroxide (maximum concentration, 3%) and gently scrub the mesh screen to loosen and remove the wax without allowing excess hydrogen peroxide to enter the open port on the earbud
  5. After the mesh surface is clean, gently shake out any excess liquid and debris, and dry the earbud with a soft cloth
  6. Reattach the ear tips

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
grmedhat
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2019

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

A quick search turned up this article on how to clean the mesh screen:

• To deep clean the mesh screen, follow these steps:
  1. Remove the tips from the earbuds
  2. Apply a small amount of hydrogen peroxide (maximum concentration, 3%) to the mesh surface of the earbud using a soft cloth or tissue (be careful not to allow excess liquid to enter the open port on the earbud)
  3. Let the earbuds sit for five minutes to allow the wax to soften
  4. Wet a soft-bristled toothbrush with hydrogen peroxide (maximum concentration, 3%) and gently scrub the mesh screen to loosen and remove the wax without allowing excess hydrogen peroxide to enter the open port on the earbud
  5. After the mesh surface is clean, gently shake out any excess liquid and debris, and dry the earbud with a soft cloth
  6. Reattach the ear tips

View solution in original post

tingersoll
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 21, 2019

Thanks, very helpful. /s

For anyone else wondering, the mobile support site didn’t work (4 attempts) but using my laptop I was able to get far enough to find that I can send my ear buds in and buy new ones at a discounted rate (~35% off). Trying to decide if I should just wait for the next version or go a different direction. Firmware is 2.60 and still experienced a lot of left ear cutting out while running with Apple Watch 3.