Highlighted
GeoffA
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Soundsport Free Podcasts in Mono - Right Ear only - Fitbit Ionic

I have visited a lot of the comments on the left ear "not working" but I usually dont have that problem especially with music. My issue is that all the podcasts that I have been listening to over the past few months, via my Fitbit Ionic, have been right ear only. I have tried to confirm if the podcast is infact recorded in Mono and it is quite possible they are. Previously the podcasts have been both ears. Can anybody confirm that mono should be available to both ears in the soundsport.  Thanks  Geoff

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Soundsport Free Podcasts in Mono - Right Ear only - Fitbit Ionic

Hello Geoff,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community! 

That's a very interesting question, it could be that the headphones are set to mono or it could be that the podcast is being recorded in mono. I recommend that you try out listening to music on the Music app that is available on Fitbit Ionic versions. If you are not getting mono sound then it would be the case that the Podcasts are recorded in Mono.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

GeoffA
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Thanks for the prompt reply. Im not sure how to check on the Soundsport to see if they are set to mono. I didnt get that bit? I am using the music app on the fitbit ionic and apart from the niggling sometimes left ear issue when switching on, music (and I know it is stereo) is being received in both ears. Is there any chance that a technician at Bose can do a test please. Being the sound company that they are it would be easy for them to generate a bluetooth mono source signal and see what happens at the soundsport end. Will it be 1 ear (presume right) or will it master/slave over to the left.  I hope this is possible or perhaps a community member will know.  Thanks  Geoff

Hello GeoffA,

Thanks for getting back in touch!

As you are getting stereo when you are listening to music, this is leading me to believe that it is the format that the podcasts are being recorded in mono. Another possible factor could be that it is the way the Fitbit is outputting the podcast to the headphones, a good way to test if this is the case would be to listen to the podcast directly from your phone with the headphones.

As you mentioned it would also would be beneficial to hear from other Community members to see what they think.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

GeoffA
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019

Thanks again Zoe

I dont access the podcasts via my phone as the ionic has its own hard drive and music player. The ionic music/podcasts are transferred from my PC. Your idea though to test the podcast via the phone is worth trying. I will transfer a couple of the offending  (mono) podcasts to my android phone music app and then listen with the soundsport.  Thanks

I am still keen to know if mono bluetooth from the source willl play in both ears or right only. And I do think this needs a tech type person who is 100% positive its not the Soundsport left ear issue