Soundsport Free Right Ear Bud Doesn’t Charge

Highlighted
Silent Starter

Soundsport Free Right Ear Bud Doesn’t Charge

I have always taken fantastic care of these ear buds. After use, I put them in they’re charging case and the right one charges for only a couple seconds. The light next to it blinks and couple times and then just stays on as a non blinking light. I have cleaned the case and the ear bud and it keeps doing the same thing. This product is out of warranty, however, has hardly been used. Any ideas? I think Bose will charge me over $100 if I send them back for repair

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundsport Free Right Ear Bud Doesn’t Charge

Hi Jacktdanahay, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Updater as well as reseating the USB cable on both ends to ensure a firm connection. Another great troubleshooting step is to perform a reset on the headphones this can be done by: 

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Please update me and the community with the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Hi! I’m having the same issue with my in ear device. I get a continuous blinking yellow light. I did go through the suggestion for reboot. This did not work. Is there something I’m missing?

Hi Rodronneberg, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are also having this issue. 

Have you also attempted the updater step and attempting to charge the headphones via a different port?

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B