Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Soundsport Free Right Ear Bud Doesn’t Charge

I have always taken fantastic care of these ear buds. After use, I put them in they’re charging case and the right one charges for only a couple seconds. The light next to it blinks and couple times and then just stays on as a non blinking light. I have cleaned the case and the ear bud and it keeps doing the same thing. This product is out of warranty, however, has hardly been used. Any ideas? I think Bose will charge me over $100 if I send them back for repair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport Free Right Ear Bud Doesn’t Charge

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Jacktdanahay, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Updater as well as reseating the USB cable on both ends to ensure a firm connection. Another great troubleshooting step is to perform a reset on the headphones this can be done by: 

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Please update me and the community with the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Hi Jacktdanahay, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience and would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you ensure that your headphones are running the latest software via the Bose Updater as well as reseating the USB cable on both ends to ensure a firm connection. Another great troubleshooting step is to perform a reset on the headphones this can be done by: 

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Please update me and the community with the result of these steps. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 11, 2019

Hi! I’m having the same issue with my in ear device. I get a continuous blinking yellow light. I did go through the suggestion for reboot. This did not work. Is there something I’m missing?

Highlighted

Hi Rodronneberg, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear that you are also having this issue. 

Have you also attempted the updater step and attempting to charge the headphones via a different port?

Please update me on the result of this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Hello. I am having the same issue. I have tried the updater step. But it says that one of my ear buds is not connected so it won’t allow me to do it. Please help. 

Highlighted

Hi Ron52,

Thanks for joining the discussion. Welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your SoundSport Free headphones. Have you checked the case to ensure there is no debris preventing a good connection with the earbud? 

If you continue having problems, do not hesitate to get in touch with support in your region to discuss service. Details can be found here.

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Participant
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

I have check and there is no debris. It seems to be a problem with the charging case it self.  When I put the ear buds in it they white indicator lights stay solid. But the right bud has no charge. When I try to connect to the case to the computer to do a firmware update the white light for the right bud cuts off and the updater says a bud is missing.  When I unplug the case the right ear bud charger indicator light comes back on. I am out of warranty and do not wish to pay 100$ for a replacement when I already spent 259$ on this item. It should last longer than a year and 9 months for that kind of money. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

I have the same problem, even worse here in Taiwan, I already confirmed that the only way for bose company to solve this problem is to replace it for 40%off the original price we pay, due to the expired warranty. They told me they don't fix anything related to Bluetooth....... I will never buy their products again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 3, 2020

I am not sure how using the updater would work, as if the right ear bud is not charging then your online software doesn't work.  In fact it states, "It looks like an earbud is missing.  Unplug the case and make sure both earbuds are secure in the case.  Then, open the lid and plug the case in using your USB cable."  All that being said, it will not update at all due to it not being able to see a dead ear bud.

Lastly, The same goes for plugging and unplugging in the wall.  It's a shame that I have had these less than a year and they are not working.  $250 not well spent.

Highlighted

Hi BostonScott, Thank you for your post and welcome! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your SoundSport Free earbuds, I'll be more than happy to assist you!

Based on your post it looks as though you have tried all the troubleshooting steps we would normally recommend for this issue. Therefore, I would recommend getting in contact with our technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of our team will be more than happy to help. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again!