Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Re: Soundsport Free Right Ear Bud Doesn’t Charge

Hi, 

i have tried following the said step , but it doesn’t  help .  Can you pls suggest something else and since this seems to be a hardware issue existing with many users can u  pls direct stores to resolve this issue free of cost 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 15, 2020

The kludgy fix is to put a weight or press down on the right earbud with something. It's really terrible - but folks at the Bose store figured that out for me. Only problem is that recharging your earbuds and keeping them charged is a pain AND they run out of juice if you put them in the case - because they'll turn off and on.

At first they thought it was my right earbud because the charger in their store worked. So I eventually bought a replacement charger at Adorama for $50. It didn't help fix the issue oddly, so now I've invested nearly $300 on this product.

Bose hasn't responded well to this issue it seems so I'll just have to let people know. Now that you do... caveat emptor.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 25, 2020

I have the same problem. With some pressure on the bud in the open case, it does blink. However I am now on my second pair of ear buds after upgrading from your Bluetooth headset which I swapped twice also because they failed. What is happening to Bose? Each time I have to post my headsets off to Bose it costs me the equivalent of about £7. This is now getting to be an expensive mistake on my part. Maybe Bose head office can give me some clarification or a refund? Absolutely fed up with these poor products.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2020

This is a chronic issue happening to users all over the place this should be a product recall. Totally shameful for a company that prides itself on quality. Second pair of bose headsets that had charging issue smh sounds sport did too. Never buying bose again 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Sound sport Free Right Ear Bud Doesn’t Charge

the same issue I am facing I bought this product last October and right bud not charging when i put into case right blink for second and stay solid

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 9, 2020

Bose SoundSport Free Wireless Pairing & Connectivity Issues

I purchased my soundsport free wireless earbuds less than two weeks ago. I've used them 3 times, however this morning when I took both earbuds out of the fully charged case, only my left earbud would have a blinking white light. There were no lights coming from the right ear bud, so I thought it could be due to a recent update that I haven't installed. When I tried to update the software (downloaded the Bose installer app) and plugged in the usb cable to my laptop, I'm getting an error message stating that one of my earbuds is missing....meanwhile they're both sitting & charging in the case, as recommended. I'm unable to: pair the device to my iphone or even update the product. Please help.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

I actually had this same problem (where I put the earbud in the charger, and the charging light for that earbud blinks twice then glows solid, as if it were fully charged, even when it wasn't even close). I cleaned the contacts with an alcohol swab and everything, and it still wasn't working correctly. Then, I noticed that one of the center contact pins was not fully extended (they push in and spring back out when you press on them). It seemed to be gunked up, probably from my sweat... Anyway, I sprayed a tiny bid of WD-40 on a paper towel, and rubbed it over that pin for a little bit, and it eventually popped back up, and now it's charging normally! So, just double-check that the pins aren't stuck or gunked-up.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2020

I had this same problem, exactly! I even got that message with the Bose updater. I know it's a few months later now, so you probably found something new, but I was able to figure out what was wrong with my buds and fix them right away.

So, the problem was that I put the earbud in the charger, and the charging light for that earbud blinks twice then glows solid, as if it were fully charged, even when it wasn't even close. I cleaned the contacts with an alcohol swab and everything, and it still wasn't working correctly. Then, I noticed that one of the center contact pins in the cradle of the charger was not fully extended (they push in and spring back out when you press on them). It seemed to be gunked up, probably from my sweat... Anyway, I sprayed a tiny bid of WD-40 (an American brand of all-purpose household lubricant and cleaner) on a paper towel, and rubbed it over that pin for a little bit, and it eventually popped back up, and now it's charging normally! So, just double-check that the pins aren't stuck or gunked-up.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

I too have been having the same problem with the right earbud not charging.

i have just noticed that if I take the charging case out of Bluetooth range of my devices, then put the earbud in the case to charge, the first thing it does is try to connect to my devices.

To my amazement, when it can’t find any devices it starts charging!

I guess this means there is a firmware issue as the earbud is supposed to automatically switch off when placed in the charging case.

I hope this helps both the team at Bose and the hundreds of dissatisfied customers that are having the same problem!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

I have been having the same problem with mine.

I have discovered that if I take the charging box out of Bluetooth range of my devices then put the earbud in the case, firstly it tries to connect to my devices and when it can’t find any it switches off and starts charging!

Please can you let me know if this works for you?