Highlighted
scotterad
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

Soundsport Free Right Earbud will not work

Brand new Bose Soundsport Free earbuds right out of the box and the right earbud will not turn on which I assume keeps it from pairing with my devices. I have other soundsport free earbuds in my household and have not had any problems. I have downloaded the new firmware (2.80). I have tried all the basic troubleshooting recommended. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Soundsport Free Right Earbud will not work

Hey Scotterad, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to read that you have had this experience, I would love to help you resolve this. 

So that I don't get you to repeat any steps can you please confirm which troubleshooting methods you have attempted so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

scotterad
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

I have turned the headphones on and off. The right one still never lights up. I have downloaded the latest firmware from the Bose website. I have unpaired and cleared the Bluetooth devices list (even though the headphones have never connected to any device). 

Hi Scotterad, 

Thanks for confirming this for us. 

When you updated the firmware, was your computer able to successfully update your product?

Have you tried using an alternative charging cable to your product?

When you attempt to charge, do any LED's on the case illuminate?

Do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

scotterad
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

When updating the firmware the computer confirmed it was successful.

When charging the headphones the case shows full charged and that both ear buds are charged. 
I have also tried multiple cables. The right earbud remains unresponsive. 

Hi Scotterad, 

Thanks for trying this out for us. 

What I would suggest at this point is that you reach out to your local support team for further assistance. Our local support team can be contacted via clicking this link and selecting your region, this will redirect you to our website. Please scroll to the bottom of the website and there you will find a 'Contact Us' tab, this will provide you with all the relevant contact information for your country. An agent here will be able to assist you further. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M