Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone Auto Connect

Hi, may i know why my headphone auto connected to my iphone when they were in the case? This has killed the battery overnight, please assist.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport Free Wireless Headphone Auto Connect

Hi Bee911, 

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am sorry that you are having this experience. 

Your headphones should turn off once placed within the charging case. Do the headphone LED's turn off once placed? 

If you put your headphones into the charging case, do these still show as connected via the Bose Connect app?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Do you mean i should wait for the headphone LED’s turned off before closing the charging case?

When the headphone is in the case, it doesnt show as connected in Bose Connect app.

The auto-connect while in charging case happened over and over again, my warranty is expiring in 2 months time (based on manufacturing date but i only received it as a gift 2 months ago).

Please help on urgent basis.

Highlighted

Hi Bee911,

While the headphones are in the charging case, the LED should be showing the charging status of the headphones, so you would not need to wait for this to turn off before closing the case. If the lights are turning off soon after you put the earbuds in, then they may not be sitting in the case correctly which could turn them on again.

As you have mentioned this has happened a few times, have you noticed any pattern to when they turn on by themselves? Does it happen consistently in certain situations or does it seem to be more random?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hi Keith,

I don’t usually observe the LED’s but guess i have to now. When my case is fully charged, the battery will be drained over a few days even when i am not using the headphone.

In this community i realize that some users are experiencing the same auto-connect incident, did they manage to resolve the issue?

Btw just updated my Bose Connect app to 12.0.1 version, hope it helps.

Highlighted

Hi Bee91, 

Thank you for coming back to us!

Based on what you have said, I would recommend reaching out to us. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us' One of the team will be more than happy to help you. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again!  

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hi Jessie, 

Thank you for the reply.

I got this Bose from Singapore and i am currently based in Malaysia, do you think Bose Malaysia is able to assist me to resolve the auto-connect issue?

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching back out to us Bee911. 

The team will be able to assist you with this issue to the best of their ability. Please keep in mind when contacting the team that wait times may be longer due to current world affairs. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hi Jessie,

Thank you for the reply.

I just checked my headphones, the battery is flat. The last time i used, i remember it had 20% battery life.

I have just dropped an email to Bose Malaysia, looking forward to hearing from them soon.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Bee

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Hi Team,

It's been 2 weeks since i dropped an email in Bose Malaysia website, however, i have not heard from them.

Please assist further.

Thank you,

Bee

- Edited by a moderator