Soundsport Free and MacBook Pro connection

Silent Starter

Soundsport Free and MacBook Pro connection

I've searched for a similar issue several times, and found nothing. I'm trying to connect a set of Soundsport Free headphones to a Macbook Pro 2017, running on High Sierra. When I connect the headphones, the sound is substandard and only the right headphone emits sound. The bluetooth button on the left earbud doesn't respond at all. Disconnecting and reconnecting doesn't change the issue, nor does clearing the bluetooth device list with the debug tools. 

3 REPLIES

Re: Soundsport Free and MacBook Pro connection

Hi thaliaschild

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but happy to help!

• Do the headphones connect to a mobile device correctly?
  • It sounds like the computer is latching on the HFP (hands free profile) Bluetooth profile which is enabling communication instead of stereo audio.
  • I'd recommend clearing the pairing list on the headset and Mac and try with a new pairing.
  • If this doesn't work, I'd recommend checking the Apple support page to see if there are any new Bluetooth drivers that can be updated.

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Mobile devices connect flawlessly. What is the process for clearing the profiles from the headphones?
Highlighted

Hi thaliaschild

Thanks for the update!

We wouldn't be able to clear the Bluetooth profiles themselves, but we can clear the Bluetooth pairing list however with these instructions:

• Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

Warm Regards,

Tony A