Soundsport Free and MacBook Pro connection

SOLVED
Bose Best Answer selected by Community ManagerAndy_B
Audible Advocate

Re: Soundsport Free and MacBook Pro connection

Great idea! I'll try that. Usually I just want music on both ears, less concerned with other issues.
Audible Advocate

totally worked! now have stereo sound on my macbook pro 15 with microphone set to "internal" - thanks!!

Quiet Contributor

It's worked ! Thank you very much ! 

Regards,

Carlos

Quiet Contributor

Ahhhhhhhhhh, nooooooo!

I was really excited hearing this but no joy for me. Can anyone print screen their succesful results so that I can try again.

I thought I was good with technology but this is beating me.

I have MacOS Mojave on version 10.14.3 on a macbook pro retina 13inch early 2015.....

Help much appreciated

Silent Starter

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 12.05.56.png

I think you must unpair your Bose in-ear from the existing connection with the other devices before you can connect it with your Mac.

Quiet Contributor

Hi Thank you for your help and quick reply.

I'm afraid I am still having no joy though......Very strange!?!?

Has anyone else not been able to resolve this? 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi, I have tried this option. But it is still not working. Firmware is updated to latest version (2.6.0). Could you please suggest?

Thanks,

Deb

Quiet Contributor

@Tony_A wrote:
  • It sounds like the computer is latching on the HFP (hands free profile) Bluetooth profile which is enabling communication instead of stereo audio.

Tony - can you confirm if this is a hardware issue that disables even mono channel to the left ear when the mic is enabled? In other words, could there be a firmware/profile change that allows it, or is it a fact that we can never have left-ear audio when on calls? Because it is horrible in dynamic environments, we don't need stereo itself, just the same audio in our left ears Otherwise, environmental interference renders these useless in open workspaces because all you hear is the guy or gal to your left babbling into his mic.

Highlighted

Hi Gonzeaux, 

Many thanks for your question.

Currently there are no way to disable this function within the SoundSport Free headphone and we have no current information as to whether a firmware update will be provided to change this. If this was to change, we will place this as a sticky post within the community forums.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a great day

Leon_C - Community Support

Silent Starter

Thank you , this was super helpful and got me connected.  I was getting pretty frustrated