Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Soundsport Free battery drain

I love the sound quality of these earbuds. But even if not used, the case battery drains out in about 3 to 4 days. I now suspect it's because the case or the buds are constantly trying to connect to my phone or tab whichever it paired with. So I will leave my Galaxy Tab near the case at all times and see what happens! 

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport Free battery drain

Hi Raja, 

Thanks for posting and sharing this with the community. 

Please do update us on the result of the test that you are attempting. Please ensure that your headphones are running the latest software version via Btu.bose.com and ensure that the case is charging correctly to ensure the best battery life. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

So in two days of leaving the Soundsport Free near my Galaxy Tab A, there has been no battery drain. However, I went to the Bose Updater website and the update went up to about 55% then crashed. Tried again, went up to about 85%, crashed, and this time it refuses to update. Bose Connect app fails to connect. And now the LEFT EARBUD FAILS TO WORK. This update 2.6.0 has damaged my earbud system. I am SO DISGUSTED. 

Highlighted

Hello Raja,

Thank you for your update on this, I do apologise that this update has seemed to cause some issues. 

I would recommend that you perform a product reset and re-test your headphones, this can be needed after a system update. To perform a product reset please follow the below instruction; 

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

Please let us know if this provides improvements. 

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

Nope, sorry, the LEFT earbud is staying dead....:(

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 16, 2018

I got a shipping label for a replacement.....will send the earbuds in. 

Raja

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 15, 2019

I am having the same issue with battery drain. I was just on a flight and the earbuds shut off after 90 minutes of use and they were changed to 100% when I started. The case also drained battery without the earbuds inside.

Highlighted

Hello jbelchuck,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing some battery problems with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones.

Regarding the battery drain on the charging case, the battery of the headphones won't retain a 100 percent battery charge even when turned off as they feature Bluetooth Low Energy. As the battery requires a charge, it will pull a charge from the case. So, if your case is not plugged in for a week, the headphones will eventually drain the power from the charging case.

Did the earbuds completely lose battery life? Or did they come back on immediately after you placed them in and out of the charging case?

Have you attempted the update and reset steps mentioned above?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 18, 2019

I'm facing the very same issue I think bose is making us fool. My case only gives only one-day battery life if not use. I'm tired of charging this every day without any use.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

Soundsport free battery drain and left drops

I have had these headphones for nearly a year, but I gave up on them months ago.  The left ear bud's connection is so poor that i can't jog while using them.  The left bud cuts out just from moving my head side to side or my phone moving up and down in my pocket.  Then the battery will never stay charged.  The charging case constantly drains like the ear buds never turn off.

Based on reading online, it seems these are typical issues with this product.  If there is no way to resolve these issues, would like to return them.