Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

Bose Soundsport Free - charging dock shows fully charged, but earbuds arent charged

Hello,

I have a pair of the Bose Soundsport Free wireless earbuds that were purchased 4/2018.

I was getting an average of 4 x 1.5 hour (6 hours over 4 days) usage between charges.

They have been excellent earbuds since day one, but now I am having an issue with them.

I charged them last night and the charging dock showed that it was fully charged.  I put them in today and after about 10 minutes they went dead.  A red light flashed and then nothing.  I tried cleaning the gold connections on both the earbuds and the charging dock and then charging, but still have the same issue....10 minutes and they are dead.

Is this an issue seen before? Suggestions / Solutions?

Thanks

Kenny

I don't know how to proceed with this issue, the charging dock lights illuminate and show that it is charged, yet I am getting only about 10 minutes of playtime.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 25, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free battery drain

Any firmware update regarding the battery drain? After one week battery of earbuds and case is empty. Why should I have to plug in the case all the time. It's a very impractical user experience... 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

I'm having the exact same problem as jbebchuk, i.e. never more than 1.5 hrs despite 100% charged. 

:'(

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Same here, won't last more than 1 hr

Highlighted

Hi all, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us today. Sorry to read that some of you are experiencing a similar issue. 

Please, can you ensure that you have attempted all of the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread. If the issue still persists after this, I would highly recommend getting in touch with our customer service team via clicking this link, then kindly scroll and select your region, once this is done please scroll to Contact Us. The team will be on hand and ready to help.

I hope these steps in this thread are helpful for all users. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 30, 2020

I am having the same problem. Within a few days, the earbuds and case batteries are completely drained when not in use. And, like another previous user stated, the left bud continuously cuts out when in use. Yes, I have gone through all the steps listed in this string. I have owned these buds a little over 1 year.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 7, 2020

I'm also having the problem that within a few days of being fully charged, the earbuds and case are completely drained, even though I have not taken the buds out of the case once.  As others, I have followed all the steps above, updating my buds to the latest version...please help me determine further support options.  I purchased my buds in Spain but Bose Spain has no direct support capability available from their website.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

Soundsport Free battery drain

I charge my Sound Sport FREE headphones in their charging case when I get done using them, unplug them when they’re fully charged, but a few days later the battery is nearly completely drained without having been used. The previous generation that had the wire just connecting the headphones and didn’t come with the case NEVER had this problem and lasted for YEARS holding charge for days to weeks. I’d honestly prefer to have those with one little wire than these that can’t hold a charge between runs a few days apart. Am I doing something wrong that is preventing them from holding some charge when not in use????

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

Soundsport Free battery drain

Hello

I have some Soundsport free since 2 years. I had an issue with the left ear disconnecting, but the sound was good and the battery great.

Last week, I found that the Android application doesn't update my earbuds. So I did it from Windows. 

Before that the battery could last 2,5 full hours before dying. Now, after 40 minutes it stops.

I saw that I'm not alone it this case.

Could you tell us how to downgrade ? 

Or when the next firmware with out to repair?

I'm just over the warranty and I don't want to buy some repaired ones with a discount (as said by the bot support). With the 2.8.0 firmware, it will be the same issue.

I really hope you can understand it's not usable when it doesn't last a usual sport session

Thanks

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

I have been experiencing the same problem with the puds themselves.

They get drained within an hour. before I even finish my workout session. 

I tried the 5 seconds thing. didn't work .

I tried to update the firmware because i never did since I bought it, but it didn't work on my macbook. so now I am trying with my Samsung S10.

In these difficult times, my music and long runs are all i got.

I cannot visit a Bose store, because they are all closed. All malls and shops are in lockdown where we are at the moment to contain COVID-19 and not allow it to spread.

Please help!