Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Soundsport Free battery last for 1 hr only

Hello All, 

Lately my headphones battery is over after 1 hr of use. They are fully charged it indicates 100%.

Few things I did after it happens few times:

1. Update the headphones firmware via the Bose app.

2. Checked my charging box with other headphone and it works perfect.

The firmware update didn't helped and I eliminated problem comes from the charging box.

I was told by local rersaller that since the battery is inside the headphones nothing can be done and cannot be fixed. 

Is it true? This type of problem cannot be fixed ? after 1.5 yrs of use such expensive headphone life ends due to battery problem?

Thank in advance for the help.

Ilan.

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free battery last for 1 hr only

Hi there @IlanBru and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the battery issue you've had with your SoundSport Free headphones and would be happy to look into this for you!

My first suggestions would have been to update these, reset the product and check the charging case, so thank you for already doing these.

Following this, my suggestion is to leave the buds powered on out of the case, so that the battery runs completely flat on both earpieces. When flat, please place these back in the charging case until these are charged back up to 100% before connecting to these again.

If you have done this and are still experiencing a reduced battery life, I can only suggest that you reach back out to support and see if you can have your product serviced/exchanged. Please note that the warranty period varies by region, and is usually 2 years in the EU/UK and 1 year elsewhere. You can reach your local support by clicking here, selecting your country/region, and navigating to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page if required.

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on, or if you have any questions!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Hi Liam,

I tried to do exactly what you mentioned but the problem remain the same.

I am our of the EU/UK and few months after the 1 yr of warranty..... There are no other options?

Regards,

Ilan

Highlighted

Hello IlanBru, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

The UK/EU have two years of warranty, so I would kindly suggest reaching out to discuss service with the team. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 12, 2019

Hello Jeff,

Please explain how should I reach them if don't live in EU/UK.

They were actually bought in UK ( I still  have original box ) but during a trip.

Regards,

Ilan.

Highlighted

Hello Ilan, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I would recommend reaching out to support in the country you are in. Generally, the Bose team will honor the longest warranty, where possible. 

Details for local support can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Hi Jeff,

I am having the same problem here .. after buying bode products for many years from sounbar like solo 5 and earphones of different types ... this is the first time i face such a problem of a $300 earphones ( not cheap at all, but i was paying for bose)

I bought them from lebanon and i live in saudi arabia, had them since july 2018 and suddenly the left ear piece drains in like 40 minutes after a full charge followed by the right ear piece by like half an hour. Contacted the dealer and updated them  nothing changed then they told me that they dont have spare parts and i have to buy a new one and nothing can be done. 

Is the lifetime of bose soundsport free one year only and goes with the warranty of one year !

Isnt there any solution for this?

Plz help cz i use them daily for walking

Thank you

Nizar

Highlighted

Thanks for getting in contact, today, Nizar! Great to have you here on the Bose Community. 

I can confirm the SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones do not feature a lifetime warranty. In most countries, it is a one-year limited warranty. 

To discuss service, I would recommend reaching out to local support here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 30, 2019

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for your prompt reply, first of all i am sure that the warranty is not a lifetime as u stated and wasnt expecting it to be, but what i really didnt expect that an earphone that cost me around $300 has a lifetime of one year and a couple of months.

As for the dealer, i did contact them and they told me that this cannot be fixed at all, they dont have spare parts for it at all and the end result was their suggestion that i buy a new pair or soundsport free as a solution to my problem.

Now i want u to put urself in my shoes and tell me if that is an answer that you would be ok with !

Contacting the dealer wasnt really up to the level of the problem i am facing. 

Would u please help me fix it cz surely i am not gonna dare again pay this much and face the same problem.

Thank you Jeff,

Nizar

Highlighted

Hi Nabizaher, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am deeply sorry to hear that you weren't able to resolve this via your regional support.

Before I begin recommending troubleshooting steps can you please confirm that you have the SoundSport Free Headphones? Can you please also let me know what troubleshooting steps that you have attempted so far? 

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B