Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bahamajeff
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 19, 2019

Soundsport Free charging To 100% but dying after an hour of mid volume playback

Hello, my Soundsport Free are charging to 100% but they die quickly. (1.5 hours) They are right at a year old. I have been monitoring on the Bose Connect app, they went from 100% to 80% in 16 minutes. 

6 REPLIES 6
Shella
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Re: Soundsport Free Will go to 90% charged than after 15 minutes it dies

Will go to 90% than after 15 minutes of  use it dies. 

kbarr11@cogeco.ca
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

Re: Soundsport Free charging To 100% but dying after an hour of mid volume playback

Did you get help with this? I am having charging issues with mine too. Won't hold a charge. 

Sam_F

Re: Soundsport Free charging To 100% but dying after an hour of mid volume playback

Hi all,

I'm sorry to learn you're all encountering trouble with your SoundSportFree headphones battery life. Would you say you all do not receive 5 hours of audio streaming from one full charge of the headphones?

I'd recommend that you all check your product firmware is up-to-date HERE, and to also perform a reset on the case (with the earbuds inside) as shown HERE. Afterward, please let me know if you notice any improvement or change.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ATG
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2020

UPDATE: Well, so much for that solution. About 90 mins in to playback the battery tanked...

I was having the same problem but then instead of running the updater on the smartphone app, I downloaded onto my laptop the updater from HERE and updated the earbuds while connected via USB port and keeping the case open. It took longer than usual compared to updating via my smartphone.

Seems to have fixed the issue. Was running out of juice a little after an hour. Been playing for an hour now and still have 80% of battery life.

guiraudn
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 15, 2020

Same problem for me.

It happened after the firmware update !!

So I'm concerned about Bose support answers.

40 min before dying for me....

I bought Xiaomi earbuds to replace the faulty Bose . The sound is not as good as the soundsport free, but they last more than 1 h.

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

If you have tried all the troubleshooting in this thread and are still experiencing problems with your battery life, I would recommend getting in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!