Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donny G
Participant
Registered since

Oct 1, 2019

Soundsport Free constant blinking white light and does not connect

My Soundsport Free buds to do not pair to any other bluetooth device, the left bud constantly blinks white when out of the case. When in the case the charging status shows charged for both buds. The case is also fully charged.

I have tried various troubleshooting steps such as:

Performing a reset by: 

• Place the earbuds into the charging case
  • Plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute
  • Remove the earbuds from the case and try again

As well as clearing the devices pairing list and reconnecting to the SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones via: 

• Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  • Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

Clearing the list does not work as it never says anything is clear and the reset does nothing.

Please help.

18 REPLIES 18
Charlotte_G

Re: Soundsport Free constant blinking white light and does not connect

Hello Donny G, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some connectivity issues with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. 

It is most likely that you are not hearing this because you may have voice prompts disabled. 

Another step I would recommend would be to check for and install any available firmware updates. This can be done by visiting btu.bose.com on your computer.

Please, could you also try to connect to an alternative device.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
nmnavas
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

Hi

I have the same issue, my soundsport free left earbud keeps blinking white.

I updated firmware

Pressed button on left earbud for 10 secs, 20 secs and keeps blinking white.

I cleared BT device list on my phone, and nothing works. How can you help me.

sdunn711
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

I have the same exact issue. It just started yesterday. The bose free's were working just fine then stopped. Now, all I have is a left light blinking and it seems that the right one is "dead". Nothing works.

AlfieHarris
Participant
Registered since

May 16, 2020

Please let me know if you were able to resolve the above issue. I have a new pair of Soundsports and only the left bud blinks white whilst the right bud shows no activities at all.

Both are fully charged.

Please help!!

nmnavas
Participant
Registered since

Apr 27, 2020

I werent able to solve the issue. They dont work at all. Replace with chinese earbuds and they work well at much lower price. This is the last Bose product i will ever buy.

Brd2
Participant
Registered since

Jul 15, 2020

I have this exact same issue. From what I understand it is from sweat damage, although they are supposed to be sweat resistant. A former employee has made me aware of this issue. They can issue you a replacement pair for a fee, but I was told this will keep happening. So unfortunate as I spent $200 and got under 2 years out of mine. They still look new!

sarahmior@hotmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2020

Hello, 

I have tried all the given recommendations about the constant white blinking light but none of them work. No button on either of the earbuds will do anything. 

I tried draining the battery on them and then starting over.

I tried plugging in for 5 seconds and then unplugging them and waiting a minute. 

Nothing seems to work. How can I fix this? I would like to use these buds but they never seem to work. I don't want to have to deal with this every time I go to use them. It has been doing this for about 2 months now and I have not been able to use them.

I ended up having to buy another pair that work a million times better. And the cost was much better as well. 

This Bose product is unreliable and a waste of money.  

mfields262
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

I came to search for this exact same issue. Is there really no more suggestions? Any help?

I have not had them very long so hopefully I can return them for a refund.

Help, please!

quadmaniac
Participant
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Ok I'm facing the exact same issue on a brand new piece that I just unboxed yesterday.  I can't believe this product could be this unreliable. Bose, are you listening?

I tried various reset options but none helped. The left earbud is blinking white, never goes to blue and I can't even clear the bluetooth list. 

Any other ideas??