Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Soundsport Free does not charge

I'm having a real problem with my Bose Sound free. the case does not charge them and even if I keep the headphones inside the case and charge the case they still won't charge.

I am grossly disappointed with this purchase. This problem began almost immediately after the purchase of the headphones.

I have updated the earbuds to the latest software but I'm thinking the problem is in the case.

please advise me what can I do. I'm really frustrated. 

Chen.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport Free does not charge

Hey Chen D, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry that you are having this issue and I would love to see if I can assist you. To start with we need to make sure that the metal pins on the headphones are aligned with those in the case to ensure charging. We also need to make sure that the case is getting the right power to it when charging. You will need to be using an input power os 5 VDC, 0.8 A.

I would also ensure that you are using the Bose charging cable provided. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 23, 2019

Hi, yes, I'm using the charging cable provided, I can't see any problems in the mental pins and the power is as described.

Thank u for your answer,

Chen.

Highlighted

Hi Chen D, 

Thanks for confirming this. I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues with the headphones. 

If the metal contacts are free of debris, and you are still unsuccessfully charging, then I would recommend reaching out to local support in your region to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 6, 2020

Charging issues with Soundsport free wireless

I’ve had mine for a few months and I haven’t dropped them or damaged them in any way, but about a month ago they stopped connecting to my phone but I got it fixed. Now they won’t charge in the case but they will if the case is plugged into a wall. I’m not sure why this is happening, I’ve tried looking up ways to fix them but nothing has worked and I’m not taking them apart to do anything.

Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Re: Charging issues with Soundsport free wireless

I am having the same problem!  For awhile, the issue was that they wouldn't charge more than 80% when in the case, even when the case was fully charged.  But now they're in the case and, even when the case is plugged in, they just won't take a charge.  

Highlighted

Re: Charging issues with Soundsport free wireless

Sorry to hear this, eswallz.

If you're still having issues after checking the troubleshooting info above, I would encourage you to reach out to local support via the link provided in my earlier message to seek service in your region. 

All the best,