Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 26, 2020

Soundsport Free does not power on when fully charged

My brother just gave me the Soundsport Free earbuds for my birthday.  I have fully charged them but when I remove them from the case they do not turn on.  I have tried holding all the buttons but I am not seeing a light or hearing any sound.  They will not connect to my iPhone, iPad, or computer.  I tried customer support but was told they are out or warranty and I will have to buy a new set for $129! That is shocking as they are brand new and I have never even gotten to use them.  

Has anyone else had this trouble? Such disappointing customer service!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2020

Re: Soundsport Free does not power on when fully charged

I've been having the exact same issue with my new (purchased 3 months ago) Soundsport earphones. they rarely switch on and never when fully charged

Highlighted

Re: Soundsport Free does not power on when fully charged

Hey everyone, 

I am so truly sorry to hear this, this is not what you can expect from Bose. Let's try some troubleshooting to get this resolved, please could you try the following: 

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 

If you have tried the troubleshooting and they still won't come on, don't worry, your headphones come with a warranty from Bose. Reach out to your local team here and they will be able to help. If you are still in the returns period from your purchase vendor, they should be able to swap them out for you too. 

I am so sorry this is your first experience of Bose, you cannot expect this in the future. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!