Soundsport Free equalize volume on buds

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Soundsport Free equalize volume on buds

Hi all, I'm wondering if there is a way to equalize the volume on both my soundsport free earbuds. The right bud sound output is noticeably louder than the left bud. It gets annoying during prolonged use most especially when running.

Thanks in advance!
7 REPLIES

Re: Soundsport Free equalize volume on buds

Hi Beans Bee,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles but would be happy to help!

• Can we start by removing both ear tips to make sure that one is not blocked by debris?
  • Also, there isn't a balance feature for the ear buds or the Connect app.  What type of mobile device are you using?  
  • Is there a balance setting in your mobile device or app you're using?
  • Has this been the case since owning the headset or did this issue start happening recently?
  • Does this happen when connecting to a different mobile device?

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Hi Tony,
Thanks for responding.
• I clean my buds regularly and did just check and no debris.
• I hope Bose could incorporate a balance feature for these. I'm using a OnePlus 6T and sometimes an iPhone 6s.
•No balance setting for my devices and the apps I use, which are the Bose connect app and Spotify.
•I have noticed it for a couple of weeks now.
I have had my buds since June 2018.
•It still happens when I switch from device to device. I have also tried to disconnect and connect the Bluetooth connection. Even tried forgetting and pairing again for my devices. I have also tried pressing the +&- buttons on the right bud to change language (I read around hear that it makes the buds' sound louder).

Thanks!!!

Hello Beans Bee,

Thank you for letting us know what you tried.

Since this is also happening with other devices, we'd suggest contacting service over the phone for a replacement.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a phone number will be displayed.

Let us know how everything works out.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Audible Advocate

Will try that out. Thanks!
Audible Advocate

I got mine from Fry's. Good thing I bought their 1 year insurance thing. I got to exchange it for a fresh pair. They are perfect. Thanks for all the help!!!

Hi Beans.

That's great to hear. Please come back if you need anything else.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

There IS a balance adjustment in iOS 12. Go to "Settings"-> "General"-> "Accessiblity"-> and scroll down to the "Hearing" area and you'll find a balance slider.