Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

Soundsport Free left bud connection dropping

My wife and I both have a sets of Soundsport free wireless ear buds, connected to different phone models; Samsung and Motorola.  However, we both have the same issue, the left ear bud disconnects and reconnects multiple times during use.

After reading posts about the same issue, I made sure firmware is up to date as well as the app.  Also attempted the clear all Bluetooth connections and re-connect.  No difference in performance, this is very annoying, making our $400 investment worthless.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 12, 2020

Re: Soundsport Free left bud connection dropping

I am having the same issue.  A solution in another comment did not work in my application.  I have the latest version of the app and the firmware has been updated as well.  I’m curious to a solution as well  

Highlighted

Hello Rholubec,

Thanks for posting! 

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having some connection issues with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones. 

You've taken some great steps to troubleshoot already. In addition, I would recommend resetting the headphones. This can be done by following these steps:

1. Place your earbuds in the charging case
  2. Connect the charging case to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  3. Disconnect the USB cable from the charging case, then wait one minute
  4. Remove your earbuds from the case.

I would also recommend ensuring that your mobile devices are running the most up to date software.

Should the problem still persist, I would have to recommend reaching out to our local customer support team. 

Global Contact Us > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click 'Contact Us'

Hi gkuertzel,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I am sorry that you're also experiencing this problem with your SoundSport Free wireless headphones.

Please follow the steps mentioned above!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 13, 2020

Took all of the recommended steps including clearing my phones BT connections.  Once reconnected the disconnection of the left bud is less prevalent but not gone completely.  Additionally, I noticed that while I have the Bose app open, regularly it disconnects from the buds, stating only "woops something went wrong".

Any additional steps that might resolve the issues?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hey Rholubec, 

Thanks for posting. 

The only other step I would say to try, if you have not already, is connecting the headphones to another device. This will determine if this is an issue with the headphones or with the mobile device. 

If the issue persists, the next steps would be to contact your local support team using the steps provided by @Charlotte_G

Let me know if you have any questions. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.