Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Soundsport Free- left earbud not working after call

Hi,

I'm aware the left side doesn't work during a call.

That said, I am having issues after placing/receiving a call on iPhone where the left earbud does not connect back to the phone. Battery is full on both sides, left earbud responds back to the right earbud after clicking the Bluetooth button, but I am forced to cradle both earbuds to reconnect both earbuds to phone.

Also, headphones sometimes time out, out of no where, and audio goes to phone with no notification, and a few minutes later switches back to earbud without me knowing. Inconvenient/frustrating, especially in dealing with in middle of business call. Earbuds also, sometimes work on FaceTime and sometimes do not. Does not matter if I answer from phone, nor earbuds.

Have had great experiences with Bose products in the past, but not sure if it's me or the product with these.

Any tips out there outside of updating software? Thank you!!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Soundsport Free- left earbud not working after call

Hello austinjones13, 

Thanks for posting. Welcome to the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the left earphone not working after a call. 

Have you tried to unpair the headphones entirely, then tried to establish a new connection to see if this issue persists? Further to this have you tried pairing with another smartphone to see if the same problem occurs.

Thanks. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the response.

To answer your question, yes, I have tried to forget and reestablish the connection, to no avail. It's weird- the left definitely remains connected to the right ear bud, but no audio afterwards. Have to dock both buds and reconnect.

Guess I'm just out of luck with this issue. Not the end of the world!!

Thanks again for the attempt!

Cheers,

Austin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Also, I will update if/when I'm able to attempt pairing with another smartphone. One note though, I do not have any issues with any other Bluetooth devices.