Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

Hi Aml

Thanks for responding. Here is a picture of the SoundSport Free's Bluetooth button.

If clearing and repairing doesn't seem to help, I would recommend contacting your local Bose support or assistance.Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Best Regards

Tony

Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

Tony and Shiloh,

Clearing bluetooth pairing list/repair worked for me to clear "music only out of right bud" issue.

In my situation, audio was only playing out of right ear on Windows 10 laptop.

This had worked previously and at some point on repairing the audio would only play out of the right bud.

After looking in my Windows 10 Bluetooth settings, I found that the buds were recognized by Windows as voice only device. I tried various things to make it music device on Windows - but ultimately the only way I could fix it was by deleting the pairing from Windows, and clearing the Bluetooth connections on the buds by holding down button on left bud for 10 seconds.

After this process, Windows 10 discovered the buds as voice + audio and music is playing out of both buds.

Hope it helps

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 16, 2018

More detail, i noticed when i 'fixed' the issue, my bose buds are recognized as two different devices in Windows 10. 

they are recognized as Headset and set to Default Commmunications Device.

they are also recognized as Headphones and this is the device audio is playing out of.

when i was facing the issue of audio only out of right bud, audio was playing through the Headset communications device and not the Headphones device.

=========

Sorry for spam - but i can't get both ears again.

I disconnect buds from bluetooth settings in Win10

I reconnect and Headset/Headphones are paired

If any sound is sent to Headphones from Win10 (even right click > 'test' on the audio device), the Headphones device disconnects and only Headset is connected to Win10.

I've actually gone back through the motions of removing the bluetooth device in Windows, clearing the pairing list from the buds, then reconnecting everything and I am still hitting the same issue of Headset/Headphones being connected devices, but Headphones device immediately disabling once any audio is ever received by it. So the previous workaround doesn't seem to work anymore.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

I have a fix that works so far for me.

I have a old pc running windows 10 with a bt adapter from bestbuy cheap one i think $15. should work with native. 

DONT HAVE HEADPHONES ONE

TURN OFF ALL MEDIA.

POWER ONE HEADPHONES AND CONNECT 

right click volume in tray and go to playback DEVIES.

Their are two conneciton one is stero (allows both ear buds to work) 

2nd is hands-free (win 10 defults on to this and when sound is played stero is disalbe all togather and you will not be able to turn it on.)

Before you play anything make stero defult and then disable hands-frees.

This will force wins to play on stero without it turning it off. 

Then start playing your tunes or video. 

I have only tried this once but it seems to work. Not sure if I will have to do it again on a restart.

hope this help you guys  ps only had these two days and no one at bestbuy told me about his issues. if i did not find this fix full refund but this isses happend on the q35 with the mic with me so this fixed it. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2018

Thanks Suhpac
This method works for me too but I don't have always have my phone with me. I use my soundsport free with my Samsung Gear Sport when running. I don't 7nderstand why the audio doesn't sync on the left. The left headphone is live because I can use the left button to switch among Bluetooth devices.

They have to fix this. Seems to be a very common issue. Firmware is all updated.

They do sound great when they work though.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi

I wanted to jump in here and reiterate that anyone who feels that their SoundSport Free is not working properly is encouraged to contact your local Bose Support.Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Hope that helped

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2018

So what do I do since I’m deaf in my right ear?? Looks like you didn’t think things through very well. I purchased these in an airport kiosk this morning and now no way to return them.
I’m not happy with Bose at all.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2018

also, for me it's the worst headset that i bought actully i bought it deponds on its reputation i bought it theough Amazon website that doesn't explian this Issue which is in the call only the right is working and i am so disapponted about that. In Amazon said, that the both are working while call audio. in the past, the bose was the best choice in headphones but after i used this one i change my mind about bose. now i don't benefit from this headphone and i loose my money it's like i throught it in the garpage .
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

I have the same problem. You sent me a new soundsport and the left earbud do not work with phone calls, skype and face time. I have an Iphone X and its software is atualized. What do I do? Please help me. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

I contacted the support in my country, and all they could do is to give me a new one. They did it, but the second one came with the same problem. And worse, I live in Brasil and I bought my earphones in the USA. I cannot just go to the store and take my money back or change it to a different  model.  What do I do? I am desesperate!!!!!