Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

Very disappointed with how Bose is handling this.  Was told via phone support that the reason the right ear only is because of driving laws in the states, which is clearly untrue because Airpods and many other wireless headphones do have audio in both ears. Also, I live in Canada, not exactly under US law.

I am deaf in my right ear up to 180db, so not being able to take calls, hear the prompts, etc is very disheartening. I owned 2 pairs of Soundsport wired headphones and they did not have this issue, so I assumed there was no issue with the Soundsport Free.

There was no indication of this on the box, and only learned about it by digging through support articles. 

Now I am unable to return then due to Best Buys return policy of 30 days UNOPENED for headphones. Already tried that, and not able to return them. So now I am left with a pair of headphones for $329 CAD that are great for music and working out, but I only get half the functionality of them.

This is very unfair to your customers and especially to people with disabilities that had no indication the Soundsport Free's would alienate the community. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 7, 2018

My Bose Soundsport Wireless sound amazing when they work. Constant dropping signal, skipping, disappointing. I thought I'd buy the better earbuds and would love them if they worked consistently but they do not. Will return them tomorrowl

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

You are lucky because you can return yours. I can't  because I live in Brasil and I bought mine in the US. Waiting to see if Bose will listen to its disappointed customers and do something! 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

Hey Shiloh_C,

Read your response about the SSF’s not allowing for audio in the left earbud during phone calls. Do you know if this is something Bose is likely to one day change with a firmware update? I love these earbuds and all my Bose products, but hate that I can’t have phone call audio in my left ear. I’ve had other brands of Bluetooth earbuds over the years and this is the first time I’ve not had phone call audio in both ears.

Thanks,
Rob
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

I am deaf in my right ear, I bought these ear buds and surprise no phone call to the left earbud. Why would this be a thing, the Samsung Iconx the Apple pods and even some of the lower brands all send call audio to both ear buds, I can only assume that Bose hates people that are deaf in the right ear (PS the also stopped making the left ear BT headset years ago). so i was stuck with an itme i could not use, and could not return, endded up losing over half the cost 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

It is illegal in many states to wear headphones while driving. One earbud working while on a call and driving serves more like a Bluetooth ear piece.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

Unless you happen to be deaf in the right ear
......which I am. I own a the sound sport, the AE headphones,a sound touch 30, a 321 system, the cinimate (series II) and the solo. Along with the corded Bose ear buds and the old left ear blue tooth device. This is unacceptable by any common sense that a person can spend $200 on earbuds to find out that a disability eliminates them from using them.
Participant
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

Good point on your part. Sounds like an opportunity to explore something else. Prior to buying mine, I did the research on what I was buying and how they worked. CNET rates them well and I love them. Good luck!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 18, 2018

Why don't you guys actualy help instead of post the same sht about contacting local bose customer service? As much as we would all love to sit on hold for 45 min. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 19, 2018

The first hour I got my orange Soundsport free wireless buds was amazing. I linked to my I phone 8+, music worked, this game my son wants me to play rules of survival works and phone calls only worked in right ear. Phone calls right ear ok. I then linked to my surface pro. listened to some videos worked great. hours later came back and only right ear bud worked on surface. tried turning off and on unlink blue tooth and relink nothing worked. frusterated I decided to play rules of survival with son on I phone and only right side works for game now as well. music still works great but that is 20% of the reason for purchase. I looked on line but after 5 hours I am tired of trying. This is my first Bose product I have ever bought and was so excited and rep said would be easy its not. I dont know if the problem is with both apple and Microsoft but it does not matter. For 200 + tax it should work and Bose should of made sure for that kind of money. Funny I just got done using my crappy headphones for the last 2 hours and realized how easy it was. My kids Puro Wireless works great with no problems ever. I am just going to have to go back to stealing theres when i Need a wireless connect or worse I might try Beats funny I was bragging to Tmobile guys I was buying Bose Today after they tried to sell me beats. Guess I will tuck my tail between my legs and get me one of there cheap looking headphones.