Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2018

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

Have Bose Soundlink headphone.  Left channel stopped working.  Please advise fix or return policy.  Can yopuadvise fix or return policy. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

I can’t believe this is a “feature” and not a fault. Surely such high quality headset should work as any cheap headsets would work. Tell me there is a firmware update coming soon.

I only recently purchased these headphones and have updated to the latest firmware.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 29, 2018

This is a deal breaker. I’m a consistent Bose user, (8) Bose products. I also only get right side audio while listening to talk radio (Sirius). Is this also an MVP design choice?
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Hi

I find this really awkward I can't hear calls on my left ear. My apple airpods allow me to hear calls in stereo mode, and they are cheaper than these Bose headphones. Will this be fixed on a firmware update? Otherwise I will have to return the headsets.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for contributing to this thread. I Just wanted to jump in here and explain why calls only come in one ear. This is a technical limitation of the Truly Wireless Technology that we utilized for the SoundSport Free headphones where the master (right) earbud cannot send call audio to the left earbud.  This is typical of this technology and there are several other benefits to using this, such as comfort, fit, and unrivaled sound quality, as well as convenience. If you have any further questions feel free to reach out to our support dept. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony - Community Support.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your response. I understand there might be limitations with the technology, but to say it is "convenient" is a bit rich. It is aparent that most people do not fidn it "convenient", and to be honest it is quite anoying. I am also finding there is a lag with Youtube videos, what I find strange is that such lag doesn't exist ith Netflix.

Is this lag also seen as "convenient" by Bose, or are you looking at fixing it soon? A lot of people use headphones while on the bus watching video clips or movies, so thinking headphones are used just for music indicates Bose hasn't done its homework properly, and doesn't understand how their products are used by its customers.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I have the same issue. Had mine for week or so and up until now great. Now though after a few minutes of music the left bud just disconnects and dies. Had 're charged. Did and 're connected still no.joy. extremely disappointing considering the cost of these premium headphones!. If I can not fix I will return and move to another brand.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

@Jfletcherrm Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the community. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing this with your headset and are happy to provide you with a few troubleshooting steps. 

Were you able to perform the troubleshooting steps on pages 2 and 3 as they may be helpful?

Also, if you notice the left earbud turning off, try pressing the Bluetooth button to wake it. If this does not help, the left earbud battery may be fully drained. To check this:

• Place the left earbud into the charging case for one minute, allowing it to charge (make sure the charging case also has a charge). 
  • After it has charged for a minute or more, remove the left earbud and see if it reconnects.
  • If it reconnects, open the Bose Connect app on your mobile device to check the battery percentage. If the battery percentage is low (close to zero), we have verified that the left earbud's battery is depleted and needs charging. 

Please let us know how everything goes.

Thanks again!

Ashley

Participant
Registered since

Jul 2, 2018

Hi there,

I've had the bose sound sport headphones for about a month, and the left ear's been acting up.  I've tried removing it from my pairing list on my iphone X, re-pairing it, and it still doesn't seem to work.  Also, if I put it back in its charging case it'll work, but only for 10minutes before disconnecting again.  These issues have only just started, in environments I've been using it in from the beginning - so I can't think of any interferences.  Can someone please help?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi priyankajanine,

Thanks for the post. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Soundsport Free. I would recommend making sure that your headphones software is updated to the latest version using the Bose connect app or by going to btu.bose.com.

If you have updated your headphones and are still having this issue I would contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Take care and have a great day!

Tony - Community support