Re: SoundSport left ear not working

Thanks!  Let me give that a shot.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2018

Hi, 

Literally was on the phone w/Bose 5 min ago. I am updating my Bose Frees now. I know the left earbud works, but having connection issues. I have to go through some ridiculous series of connecting and disconnecting, putting them back in the port, and just trying to connect over and over until one time I am lucky enough to get both earbuds to connect. Now, selfishly, I am beyond angry. For $200 and on my second pair of buds, I am not happy to once again miss my run this am because of connnection issue troubleshooting. Can I run without my buds? Absolutely, but I don't want to. I get motiviation and energy from my music. And again, at @ $200 for the pair, I purchased the luxury of having music while I run. If this bug isn't fixed by the update that is currently at 26% and 15 minutes in, I am taking my second pair back and will never buy another Bose product. (BTW...I have many bose products and have been a supporter for years.) In this day and age, we should not be putting out $200 earbuds that aren't tested, tried, and proven to be the best. Bose... sorry to be such a brat, but it's the little things. I realize this is a 1st world problem, but a problem is a problem. Please fix it. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

Just got my earbuds and I’m so disappointed that they don’t work In one ear. I’ll be sending them back. This is not a feature. This is a limitation in the technology and suprised a design team like Bose would release a product like this.
I hope someone tells me there’s a solution but from what I read I doubt there is.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2018

I'm having the same issue with my soundsport left ear bud. Sometimes it works other times it dont. These cost too much to have shotty quality. How did these get past your QC dept. and make it to retail? As a QA mgr I'm really curious.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Its normal than only the right side saids the charged porcentage at begining??? Also I have many issues with the left side, when Im listening music sudenly the left side disconnect I have to press the button in the left earbud to reconnected and continue listening music.
Sound is excelent but the issue with the left side makes me sad, Bose need to improve something!! as I start to read its not only me its looks like all the SoundSport earbuds has the same problem.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 21, 2018

So the "tethered" soundsports actually play thru both earpieces on a phone call yet the wireless SS's only play thru the right earpiece. Am I understanding this correctly? I own both styles. When if ever will the wireless ones have audio in both earpieces on calls? Sounds kind of dysfunctional to me.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 29, 2018

That isn’t the worse part, if you watch YouTube videos, there is a delay of a few seconds between image and speech. Funny that doesn’t happen when using Netflix (both mobile apps on iPhone)
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 30, 2018

Left side not working........After updating the software to the latest version 2.5.6, I was unable to get the Left side working until I went into the bluetooth settings on my Note 8,

settings>connections>bluetooth>Free bose earbuds(or whatever you named your buds)>settings for free ear buds>turn on all uses, call audio, media audio & contact access!

It began working, unbelievable....sound is amazing! 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

I just bought the Bose SS Free wireless headphones and to my surprise, the sound in the left earbud drops out when making a call.

Can someone please tell me whether or not this lack in functionality will be addressed in a future software update? To my understanding, it seems like it may be more of a hardware issue then a software issue - therefore rendering this specific model useless in terms of providing you with sound in both ears during a call. ***CAN SOMEONE FROM BOSE PLEASE COMMENT HERE AND LET ME KNOW?***

I called Bose to see about whether or not they intend on addressing this issue (this in my opinion is a deal breaker), but they blew me off and just kept talking about other features (water proof, comfort, sound quality, etc). They told me they do not think this is an issue.. They must know they screwed up big time, and upper management must have given them a script to deliver to complaining customers. 

Unfortunately I will be returning these headphones and purchasing Apple AirPods. I was rooting for you Bose - but unfortunately you designed a product that obviously many *loyal* customers have an issue with, and worse still you refuse to admit it's a problem/refuse to address it. 

If you can update me re: whether or not an update will be issued in the near future - I may consider holding out. If no update is coming - you've lost me. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi nko,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Soundsport Free headphones. I can confirm that the design of the headphones is to have the sound play from the right ear during phone calls. This is typical of this technology and there are several other benefits to using this, such as comfort, fit, and unrivaled sound quality, as well as convenience. This will unlikely be addressed by a software update.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support