Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

I really wish you folks at Bose would stop pushing that line about “comfort, fit, and unrivaled sound quality, as well as convenience”! Instead, you should be listening to your customers and make this product work the way THEY want it to, not the way YOU keep telling us we should appreciate. The fact is that the customers who keep you in business are clearly unhappy with this design. I’m sure if it was better advertised that these ear buds only work in the right ear for calls, sales would come to a halt on this product. The fact that only the right ear works for calls, has nothing to do with comfort or fit. We aren’t ignorant enough to believe that, so just give it up. Sound quality of this product IS awesome, but again, has nothing to do with the fact that only the right ear bud works for calls. And as the customer is telling you, “IT’S NOT CONVENIENT TO HAVE SOUND ONLY IN YOUR RIGHT EAR FOR CALLS”! What if you are a person who hears better with your left ear, or like many of us as we age, needing that sound in both ears. Please make this product work the way customers are asking or recall it and redesign. Bose makes such awesome products and I own many of them, but these ear buds are a real failure and I’m VERY disappointed at the way Bose seems to be handling it by completely denying that there is an issue all!!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 4, 2018

What technology are your referring to when you say "this is typical of this technolgy"? 

Answer me this - is this problem solvable via a software update? Or is this a hardware issue that will forever and always prevent me from hearing in both ears when on a call? I need to know this. I also need a timeline as to when this will be fixed, if at all. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2018

I’m just a longtime Bose customer, so I certainly don’t have any inside information on this issue, but judging from the posts on this thread and from talking to other users, I don’t think Bose has any idea intention of changing the way these Soundsport Free earbuds work. They have dug their heals in on this, insisting that this isn’t a design flaw and that the product works as they intended. The grossest part of this is that they insist on telling the customer how much they should love the way a clearly subpar design works, even though we are all telling them that we don’t see the value for the high price. 😡
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

We appreciate everyone bringing this to our attention. I can confirm that this will most likely not be addressed in a software update. If anything changes, we will update the community.

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Well said rdelanoy.

I think it's time for BOSE to offer free exchange of SSF's either with similar or higher model of earphones to retain its customers. Or someone should open a lawsuit against them.

I owned this just 2 days ago , after saving and spending a lot of money for this technical faulty earbuds. Yet bose isn't going to admit it.

What about Left earbuds disconnection issue? Will it ever be fixed in coming firmware ? BOSE can you please reply on this ?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

This right side only thing sucks! I just bought these in the airport because I wanted a little more freedom than my Beats give, and I still love those by the way, and the apple buds don’t seem to fit me well. This is a massive disappointment. They will be going back. Not to mention my hearing in my right ear is not as good as my left so double whammy. Really poor design
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

I truly agree with you. I am facing similar problem like almost all owners. Unfortunately upon reaching Bose Service Centre in my area, I was told by the technician that these earbuds are designed to work in this way. Secondly the frequent disconnection of left earbud is obvious due to the temperature sensitive chipset used in that. The technician has clearly mentioned that these earbuds are good to be used indoors with nice cold ambient temperature...If that's the case then why does BOSE has manufactured such earbuds for sports and workout activities?
It's simply a huge disappointment. Unfortunately Bose Service Centre isn't ready to refund my earbuds which are just 2 weeks old because I didn't purchase them directly from Bose Store but Online leading shopping site in my region.
This is another way to trap the customers leaving them with no option by selling the faulty and defective product with poor design. It's Bose fault and they should accept taking these products back from customers worldwide without questioning.

I could still remember when Samsung Note 7 was launched in market and many customers had experienced battery explosion, it was Samsung who announced worldwide to take back all the units with full refund.

We must better switch to such brands who knows how to deal with customers with transparency.
Thank you Bose. I have been your 9 years old customer but wouldn't recommend anyone to buy your product in future.

Fahad
Saudi Arabia.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

I returned mine and went with another brand that I’ve always, and only, known as a Bluetooth earpiece that was actually really ugly. The ONLY negative I can say about them now is the case isn’t as nice as the Bose. There aren’t lights per headset and no magnet to hold the piece in the case. That said, the fit is great, sound is just as good, smaller profile and less ear fatigue, and even a sort of sound cancelling ability. Very happy so far with the change. Oh, and I can listen to call in stereo. I can only talk through the right unit, which is fine, but now I can hear in the airport again
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2018

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

Mine aren't even close to working, this is beyohnd sad. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 28, 2018

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

I asked my friend to bring Soundsport free to me. I own QC25, QC35, Soundsport Pulse. All of them are very fine for me. After this Soundsport free, it did disapoint me. Because I got very little hearing capability on right ear since I was young. How I can return it ? this units was brought at Singapore airport, I live in Bangkok. I feel very upset. Because I intend to buy this for my airpod replacement.