Soundsport Free left side issue during call

SOLVED
Author Accepted Answer selected by Ludo
Quiet Contributor

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

Why is Bose forcing that decision on us? If I wanted only right one to work in calls, I would have bought a cheaper bluetooth phone headset, not waste $219 on this!

Plus the audio quality is poorer than the $4 dollarama headphones!

What if somebody is deaf in right ear? They shouldn't buy soundsport?

Even after 7 pages of people complaning Bose is not ready to enable audio in both ears during calls.

It seems more like an excuse that Bose cannot get it to work. Its not a bug, its a feature!

Extremely disappointed. 

Audible Advocate

This is my exact case, I'm half deaf from right ear and I've always enjoyed Bose product until now. I was pretty excited by this new headphones, and no review so far has ever mentioned the right ear-only sound when you're in a call. This is really dissapointing and I'm thinking of returning them due to this issue. It's not about the music, it's about the whole experience. And calls are part of the experience

Audible Advocate

Seriously, people? When just using your phone, did you listen to phone calls with both ears? Not unless you were very, very fast.

The decision was made by the chip maker that in non-stereo phone call play back, using both buds was not necessary.

At first I didn't like it, just like you. Then I ignored it, and the problem went away.

Sorry for those with right-ear disability. This bud's not for you.

Audible Advocate

Then it should say somewhere "Hey man, if you have a listening disability then take into consideration that in a phone call, sound will only come out from right earbud". It's not that hard, is it? It's called "User Experience" and accessibility.

And by the way, under your logic, I'd say: Seriously, people?? You still answer calls by listening to your phone in one ear?? Why don't you use a headset, as most people do?

Just receive the soundsport free earbuds for Christmas and the telephone call is only working in one ear. This is an absolutely stupid design feature have no understanding why this would even be this way please advise .

Hello susie! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience, I understand your frustration. Call audio in one ear is a function of how TWS (True Wireless Stereo) works. The TWS technology that gives you stereo separation over Bluetooth is very adept at synchronizing recorded audio between both earbuds, but is not able to give the same experience for live audio (i.e. phone calls) without a distracting delay. For this reason phone call audio is played out of the primary (right) earbud.

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Audible Advocate

I don’t know about that. I returned mine for the Jabra Active 65T and get great audio on phone calls in both ears without any delay. And they’re smaller and cost less.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

So any Bose Rep here that can help me? As I stated before, no review whatsoever said anything about the right ear-only phone calls. My wife got me these earbuds for christmas. This is a deal breaker for me as I have a hearing disability on my right ear. With previous bose products I didn't mind because my left ear compensates, But here, I have no chance. Also, I'm experiencing lag on youtube videos on my iphone, as well as audio lag on facebook videos in desktop and mobile

Hi chacana,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear that the Soundsport Free is not living up to your expectations. The fact that the phone calls are in one ear will not likely be addressed in an update. As far as any lag you are experiencing, I would encourage you to check out this post. 

Soundsport free - Audio/Video Lag

Which says, "A SoundSport Free software update is now available to improve audio-video synchronization for most customers and use situations"

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Friendly Fanatic

It also says

“This is also why the audio synchronization for video is very dependent on the compression algorithms used. We have been able to mitigate some of the A/V delay with firmware adjustments, but as you have noted this is not a perfect solution. The industry is working to improve the technology as we speak and you should see improvements coming to the mobile world”

So you haven’t actually fixed the issue.