Soundsport Free left side issue during call

SOLVED
Author Accepted Answer selected by Ludo
Silent Starter

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

Hello,

I am wondering if this problem has been fixed? I updated the firmware as of 2019 and I still only hear out of the right earbud on my Soundsport free earbuds during audio calls and despite changing the settings > general > accessibility > call audio routing to Bluetooth headset on my iPhone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Hi hoviskr,

Thanks for posting. That's a great question. I can confirm that fact that the phone calls are in one ear will not likely be addressed in an update. Only the right earbud will produce audio during a phone call. This is normal due to the technology used to broadcast audio from the right bud to the left bud, known as True Wireless Stereo (TWS). This is also the case with most other wireless earbud brands that use TWS.

Regards,

Tony G

Audible Advocate

Actually there can be a solution in firmware for this problem, I am not sure how bose engineers who pride on "Research" could have missed it, if the problem is as described in this thread that the right bud transmits and receives but the left is only capable of receiving and while on calls the right one is using its transmitter to talk to the phone rather than to the left bud. 

The solution is firmware is , when ever the call button is used to activate the call, the left earbud switches to receiving from the phone directly instead of the right earbud. 

If there is a deepr problem obviously this solution wont work ... 

Audible Advocate

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

I noticed the same about the online reviews. They’re similar reviews to each other and not one of them mention this right side only feature, which is obviously a negative and will stall sales of the product.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate

@bzagari wrote:
I noticed the same about the online reviews. They’re similar reviews to each other and not one of them mention this right side only feature, which is obviously a negative and will stall sales of the product.

No one ever mentioned about this. Bias from reviewers?

Quiet Contributor

Very disappointing indeed, I'm thinking of returning mine too. They should have been honest and open about this shortfall from the onset to let consumers make an informed choice.. But now I feel cheated Smiley Sad

Quiet Contributor

When I take a call, of course only the right works (which is crazy silly). After the call I can be stuck in mono mode.  I have to put them back in the case and put them back on the get stereo. I have tried the resync on the app also.   How can i resync to get stereo back?

Hello cdriedel! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear about your trouble, but am glad to help. It may be that while on your call the left earbud has lost it's connection to the right. Try a one second press of the Bluetooth button on the left earbud and see if that restores contact. As always, make sure that you are running the current firmware.

Let us know how it goes! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

tried that, it will beep once but the music is still mono

Hello cdriedel,

If you're left earbud is encountering this issue frequently, you are running the most current firmware, and refreshing the Bluetooth doesn't resolve the problem I'd recommend contacting Customer Support for further assistance. Contact information can be found here. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "Contact Us". 

Best Regards,

Greg