Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

I just bought theSoundSport Free wireless headphones and the left ear is not connecting when connected to my iPhoneXS Max even after changing the settings-->general-->accessibility-->call audio routing -->Bluetooth Headset.

Please suggest.

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

It would be great if phone calls would come through both ears.  it gets tiring to listen to long calls through only the right ear.  Otherwise it's a great product.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello sunilknr! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

This is correct behavior for call audio and is related to the hardware used. The True Wireless Stereo (TWS) technology that gives you stereo separation over Bluetooth is very adept at synchronizing recorded audio between both earbuds, but is not able to give the same experience for live audio (i.e. phone calls). For this reason phone call audio is played only out of the primary (right) earbud. Changing settings on the connected device will have no effect. 

Best Regards,

Greg - Bose Support

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 26, 2019

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

I also have same issue with my right ear. I am unable to use these headphones during calls with stereo sound. Please let me know the process to return these headphones and get my money back if this issue is not going to solve?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi prapul531,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear that the SoundSport Free did not live up to your expectations. If you are looking to return them, the best thing would be to contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 1, 2019

Same problem here 

BOSE Why didnt you initialy state on the product covers stereo only for some apps or mono audio ,, OMG -,.. listen to the sound of this,, BOSE only playing mono! .. what year is this 1974 ???

Really diapointed, i think bose isnt bose anymore, its only a kinetic inertia from the past when they used to stand up and respect their customer base. 

ADMIN - why did label this thread SOLVED ?  i'm really keen to know. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi lucian,

Thanks for posting. I understand the frustration., I am very sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the SoundSport Free. I would recommend contacting your local support team using the link previously provided. As fast as marking the thread "solved", the initial question of why the SoundSport Free takes phone calls in one ear was answered by @Shiloh_ C.

Warm Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2019

To be clear - is the phone mono issue a software (Bose can do it, but so far chooses not to), firmware (can do it, but need to fundamentally modify the system), or hardware issue (someone probably should be fired for that big of a voice of customer miss)?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi JustPlainCarpe,

Thanks for posting. The SoundSport Free taking calls in one ear is a limitation of the Truly Wireless chipset design. It is not something that can be changed via software.

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 17, 2019

Can it be changed with a firmware update? If it can do Skype or any VOIP call in stereo...