Soundsport Free left side issue during call

SOLVED
Author Accepted Answer selected by Ludo
Audible Advocate

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

This is not a solution.  It is merely an excuse that admits Bose cut corners in the design of this product.

This was my first even Bose purchase.  I had always looked at Bose products thinking how awesome they could be.

Well now I know.

I won't be buying Bose again.

Audible Advocate

@jeynesm wrote:

"This is not a solution.  It is merely an excuse that admits Bose cut corners in the design of this product."

I'm not sure where your facts are that "Bose cut corners." Sometimes there are tradeoffs. 

Audible Advocate

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

@jeynesm wrote:

"I'm sorry to say but this product … bears all the hallmarks of product development and support are done on the cheap offshore."  

Do you mean Hawaii? Many wonderful designs come from "offshore." You don't know where the development was done.

"I hate being lied to.  I hate being cheated.  Other customers, so should you."

The product should have clearly been labeled as to the left bud not being available for phone calls. You take that a few steps too far with "lied to … cheated." 

"There is a design defect with this product.  This is a fact."

No, the fact here is that your fact is a stongly held opinion.

Humans have two ears.  When we wear earphones we expect sound in both.  The audio only works on one side for one of the products most important functions.  This is a defect.

Your expectations do not define "defects."

"Bose: Blaming the internal chipset is passing the buck to your supplier.  …"

Identifying the engineering history and component decisions is not  passing the buck. Bose does not design the chipsets. Decisions were made as to which chipsets were used, reasons for those decisions made available, and Bose absolutely is responsible for their decisions.

Audible Advocate

Such arrogance - how is it that Bose continues to defend the indefensible?  The irrefutable fact that the engineers behind this product decided that it would be OK for customers to only receive audio through one ear when not listening to music.  Oh, and we won't tell them about this unless they ask later.   Perhaps they won't notice, will they?

How is it that other earbud manufacturers - even ones who, face it, have not built their market reputation for quality audio products - have successfully managed to crack the supposedly impossible goal of delivering phone audio to both ears?  Even those selling at a quarter of the price.  Did they somehow land on that magic formula of designing the product well?

Audible Advocate

@jeynesm wrote:

"Such arrogance - how is it that Bose continues to defend the indefensible?"

"Indefensible"is a loaded word, and probably should be reserved for weightier matters.

The irrefutable fact that the engineers behind this product decided that it would be OK for customers to only receive audio through one ear when not listening to music.  Oh, and we won't tell them about this unless they ask later.   Perhaps they won't notice, will they?

Someone made a decsion on which chipset to use, and the tradeoff's involved. You don't know if was an engineer, a vice-president, or a marketing manager.

How is it that other earbud manufacturers - even ones who, face it, have not built their market reputation for quality audio products - have successfully managed to crack the supposedly impossible goal of delivering phone audio to both ears?  Even those selling at a quarter of the price.  Did they somehow land on that magic formula of designing the product well?

Nobody has said phone audio to both ears was impossible. What has been said is that Bose chose an audio chipset that did not allow for phone calls to be heard with both ears. There was a tradeoff, probably involving sound quality.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

It would've been better and transparent to advertise with this limitation on the box. Like "not intended for calls". And not charge 200.

BTW, I'm the partially deaf that people were looking. Exactly, partially (50%) deaf from right ear... the same one that someone at Bose decided to use for phone calls.

Friendly Fanatic

Todavía estamos esperando una respuesta decente de BOSE, creo que todos los compradores de estos audífonos exigimos una solución.

Audible Advocate

I am not sure what language that is but I think that will translate to "This product is crap, I am so sorry I bought it, I want to return it, why dont you fix it ? " 

And answers to all that is ... yup we have been duped ... 

I was just considering Jabra before this, but if i had bought it, since this problem of one ear is not mentioned anywhere you would always be left wondering should I have gone for bose ... ?

But now my opinon is this,

1. Jabra -Fit is perfect 

2. Sound quality is brilliant 

3. No issue of "True wireless" there it is truly wireless and we can hear in both ears during call, which seems to be so much easy to understand ... 

@kore911 wrote:

Todavía estamos esperando una respuesta decente de BOSE, creo que todos los compradores de estos audífonos exigimos una solución.

Audible Advocate

@jchacana wrote:

It would've been better and transparent to advertise with this limitation on the box. Like "not intended for calls". And not charge 200.

Agreed.

BTW, I'm the partially deaf that people were looking. Exactly, partially (50%) deaf from right ear... the same one that someone at Bose decided to use for phone calls.

Bose should compensate you. Have you contacted the retailer?

Friendly Fanatic

@bose no va a contestarnos a nada por lo que parece ......... deja mucho que desear a la atención al cliente que ofrece esta empresa ..... que verguenza, devolveré los auriculares y no creo que me vuelva a gastar el dinero en esta marca viendo el trato que nos dan a los usuarios .....