Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: SoundSport left ear not working

Hey Bstcgrant!

Thanks so kindly for joining the conversation.  The Truly Wireless headphone design only allows for call audio to be routed to the right bud, which is the master bud. There is not a way to reroute the call audio.  However, while listening to music the audio should be in both ears.

I hope you have a lovely day,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 9, 2017

this is exactly what i am doing with my soundsport free...and it works fine for me

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

I bought the Bose SoundSport Free Wireless Headphones for my wife. She wants to use them with her IPOD. After using the android Bose Connect app, I'm able to use it on the ipod one time. And I mean one time only. After that the only ear that works automatically is the right ear with Ipod. I have to go through the whole pairing process on phone and then disconnect with phone and connect with Ipod. This is crazy! I have had it only for a few hours and thinking about sending the ireless headphones back. Sounds on these are great, but functionality not good. I know my wife will never go through this process to get them to work.... Any help would be appreciated?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey frogurtnm,

Welcome to the community my friend.  I have a couple steps that I'd like to try to get that connection a bit more stable for you.  Devices such as the SoundSport Free's are susceptible to sources of interference which could be causing this issue. 

Let's clear the pairing list.  To clear the list just press and hold the Bluetooth button down for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists, then reestablish the connection and test it out.

I'd also like to ask that you just reboot your wife's iPod as well.

Let me know how it goes?

Thanks so much and I hope this helps.

Have a lovely day,

Shiloh_C 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 3, 2018

Moderator,

Why would Bose create a seen it that is only functional in one ear for phone calls?
This is a total flop, I bought therm last night and I'll be returning them today.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

Hey Ludo,

Welcome to the community my friend, thanks so much for posting.  

To clarify - the SSF's utilize the master/puppet design so the signal flow is as follows: your phone will transmit a BT signal to the right earbud (master) which will then transmit that data to the left earbud (puppet).  The audio while on a phone call is intended to only play through the right side so that is working normally.

It sounds like it can be kind of tricky with the Apple watch connection as well.  Can I ask, what do you have your call routing settings set to?  You can find this by going to settings > general > accessibility > call audio routing.  Can you try setting it to Bluetooth headset and see if that has an effect?  

Thank you again and I hope that you have a truly wonderful day and weekend.

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

I have updated the earbuds to the latest firmware via a pc with both earbuds in their case. 

However i still cannot get the left earbud to connect at all. Only the right earbud paris to my iphone X or ipad pro. Is there a way to reset the earbuds back to facotry settings?

The earbuds did both connect when i intially set them up the first time and since using the left earbuds till it run out of battery it wont connect back again. Both earbuds are fully charged.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

Also the physical blue bluetooth light on the left ear never flashes or goes on.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Aml

The SoundSport Free headphones do not have a factory reset. You might want to try clearing the pairing list from both the headphones and the source devices and repairing.

To clear the pairing list:

1. Press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  2. Delete your headphones from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device. All devices are cleared and the headphones are ready to connect.

If you could give that a try and let us know?

Have a great day!

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 8, 2018

I've tried deleting the connection from the phones Bluetooth list by selecting to forget he device and also deleting it from within the Bose connect app.

Which is the Bluetooth button that needs to be pressed for 10 sec ? Is this the middle button on the right earbud ?