Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Re: Soundsport Free left side issue during call

hey.

i just bought soundsport before two days..

i just bought this buy the brand name only, but unfortunately after using this i face that problem that lest side earpod not working during call.. so what to do for this problem solution??

i m looking for the favorable reply from the BOSE....

Thanks & Regards

ARTH PUJARA

[ Edited by moderator ] 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2019

Soundsport Free left side issue during call

I don't care if this is a duplicate (I know it is)… I can't believe that you won't make it at least an option to have both channels playing during a phone call.  I specifically bought these earphones to use in the office.  I talked to a support person and it was suggested that an update would correct this.  Obviously, I am NOT the only person who is frustrated.  Although I have multiple Bose products and always find them top quality, this feature alone has made me question my allegiance.  Honestly, I would like a response to my request as to whatever the poor choice was to have such a feature.  So, my complaint/suggestion is that you get your engineers to make this feature optional.  Soon.  I should have just taken these things back to the store as soon as I found this out.  Regardless, I would like to hear from someone concerning this.  You have my email, obviously.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Hi, 

I've bought Bose Soundsprot free headphones. But after one day of using I'm terribly surprised of my purchase. Could you help me with suggestion, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

After update I have latest firmware ver: 2.8.0

App version 11.0. 1

1. When I listen to music everything is okay, but when someone calls me, or I try to call my left headphone stops working, after this I can' connect headphones again. There is only one way to get back left headphone - to unpair, put headphones back into case  and then pair them again. How to fix it? Had someone similar problem? 

2. Before update I couldn't connect headphones to Windows 10, but as I understand it's wellknown problem. While update installing, there was a message like "Now Windows connection is less horrible". So I tried to connect again after firmware was updated, but again with no success, problem is the same: I see 3 devices available, I can pair each of them but it can't be connected. I have only "remove" option in Windows.

Has someone any ideas how to connect them? Tried to change name of headphonws, unpair on my phone, witg no success

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 4, 2020

al principio no me funcionaba el auricular izquierdo, lo que hice fue ubicarlos en la funda y cargar al 100%, luego los conecte y solucionado el problema para música y vídeo, pero no me funcionan ambos en llamada. es normal? o debo hacer algún detalle para que me funcione ambos auriculares durante una llamada

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 6, 2020

When using my Soundsport Free Wireless headphones for Zoom meetings, only the right ear works, as if I am on a call. I have enabled stereo in Zoom, but no changes.  Is it possible to have audio in both ears?  

Thank you! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Still no solution for "right ear only" calls via phone, Teams, etc. 

This is ridiculous and im starting to believe that its not just firmware but inherent to the hardware.  Its shameful that i don't even use these headphones.  I use my generic wired headphones and my Sony XM3 headphones.  I hear jabra makes a great wire free set that allows for dual earpiece stereo phone calls.  Is this issue truly on the roadmap to solve? Shouldn't it be a feature in the app, at minimum?

...please dont tell me its because of using it in a car. Who uses headphones while driving? Every car built in the last decade has Bluetooth.  And if you are trying to pitch the "privacy" feature, then stop.  People in the car can still hear your responses. 

Asking again: when will Bose address this? is it on the roadmap? If yes, when and will it be for this product?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Left earbud not working during phone call

Re: SoundSport Wireless headphones

Great quality sound for in-ear headphones, however the major issue is the phone call is played only on the right ear bud.

The answer on this website says quote: "...your phone will transmit a BT signal to the right earbud (master) which will then transmit that data to the left earbud (puppet).  The audio while on a phone call is intended to only play through the right side so that is working normally..."

Obviously Bose developers don't know how to copy the data packets from one queue push onto the another queue which will transfer the data from right to left earbud. Nobody needs super HiFi quality of the phone call. Our ears are good enough to correct eventual imperfections during the phone call.  As a developer I would be glad to help developing this obvious Bose deficiency.

However I am more to believe that this is a senior management decision who obviously don't use their products in day-to-day activities.

I really hope Bose will fix this in the next firmware update.

Best regards

Stjepan