Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: Soundsport Free won’t connect to anything.

Hi jvhalbrooks,

Thanks for chiming in. I am sorry to hear about that. Would it be possible for you to try them on another mobile device for troubleshooting?

If the issue you describe is consistent over multiple devices I would reach out to your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Just select your country, then scroll down until you see " Contact Us"

Kind regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 28, 2018

I finally connected to my computer, unpaired them on my phone, cleared the devices on the earbuds, restarted my phone, then restarted. They are working now.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2018

Thanks. Will try local support. I tried connecting to my computer and to my wife's phone. No luck there either. This seems to have started after the Bose connect app update---though I suppose that's probably a coincidence.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 29, 2018

I’ve had exactly the same problem. Tried for a week connect to many devices after clearing the connect devices and now they will not connect to anything. Disappointing. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Krisrmac Hi, thank you for writing in. We’re sorry for the trouble you’ve experienced with your headphones - we understand it’s frustrating when a product stops working properly. We would recommend that you reach out to your local Bose Support for further assistance. They will work with you to discuss your available service options. Here is a link to get contact info. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us". 

Thank you again,

Mohsin

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 6, 2018

I just bought my buds. I paired to a moto g6 plus, but the app did not recognize the device. In the store the manager paired the buds with an iphone and a samsung and the app just worked fine. Then we tried the same with another moto g6 and the app did not work as well with mine.

I update the buds in https://btu.bose.com/?p=16408#section=deviceprep, and change the app to the beta version, and still not worked. Any other suggestion?

Thank you

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi vitoale17,

Thanks for posting. Could you just clarify, your headphones work when paired with your moto g6, but you just can't get them working with the Bose connect app? 

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Device cleared - I just got yesterday and had the same issue and for clearing all devices. keep you right earbud in your ear and press left bud button on hand for 10 seconds. Now you should receive a message in your earbud stating devices cleared.

Turn off - No seperate option to turnoff earbud and the only option is to keep in the case which will disconnect from your device and turnedoff automatically.

Pairing - To pair your earphone with bluetooth just press left bud botton for 3 seconds and a bluecolor light should popup and once after successful connect it will turns into white and will vanish.

I got this one day before yesterday and the case was not charing even after hours of charge. Today Bose showroom replaced with a brand new package which I do appreciate.

I have given the inputs best to my knowledge and if anyone have queries reach me at kolappananish@gmail.com

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

I am having the same issue. 

Bose Support -- How can we resolve this issue???

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for posting. If your SoundSport Free isn't functioning correctly and you can't fix with standard troubleshooting. I would contact your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support