Participant
Registered since

Oct 8, 2020

Unable to pair Bose soundsport free for the first time

I can't get the in ear to connect at all, 

updated software to 2.8.0 from the website

fully charged

tried with bluetooth on iOS and Bose Connect

Nothing works, it's very frustrating for a brand new item.

Highlighted

Re: Unable to pair Bose soundsport free for the first time

@marchhale, I am sorry to hear this. Please can you try the troubleshooting in this thread and let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

HiSound Sport Free Wireless Headphones not working

Hi,

My Sound Sport Free Wireless Headphones are not turning on, the Bose app cannot find them and the LED white lights are continuously flashing in the case. I have disconnected it from my phone and tried to reset the buds. I have fully charged the case and I have tried using different USB cables as well as different power outlets.

I have also tried to update the software by plugging it into my computer. The device is not being recognized and the Software Updater is saying the buds cannot be found even though the are sitting in the case and the case is connected to the computer.  

This is extremely frustrating and when I purchased these headphones I didn't realise there would be such hassle in trying to use them. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2020

Re: Soundsport Free won’t connect to anything.

I have this same exact problem as we speak!! Is there any help out there for this?? Please help!!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 7, 2020

Same issue here..

But i had mine over 2 years.  I simply tried to change to a new device one day.. and now they will not connect to anything. 

I tried the factory reset, but nothing...

They charge... white blinking light in right bud, it says "100% charged", blue light blinking in left bud and nothing...

Support says they are out of warranty and i have to pay full price for a new one. 

No thanks... I always had issues connecting to these and switching devices. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 12, 2020

I am stuck with the same issue. Flashing white. Unable to get flashing blue. I've removed it from the only device that showed it. I've successfully updated to 2.80 and still nothing.

Tried every troubleshooting method imaginable to any capable Google searcher

These things cost me over $300 CAD and I was thinking of putting them on Kijji so I can buy the newest wireless earbuds I keep hearing an ad for.

Forget that. Sadly, this is a fruitless exercise and I see Bose Support just copying and pasting the same suggestions over and over again so it looks like these are literally a paperweight.

I own a ton of Bose products and these are by far the worst. I'll pass on the new wireless buds and stick with my Airpods Pros which are always reliable.

I guess Bose is allowed a stinker now and again. Still a bitter pill to swallow as this was one of the more expensive Bose products I own

I give up begrudgingly

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2020

I got this as a present and having the same issue mentioned here.

I followed your instruction here because only the left bud blinking white light and no light on the right bud. 

So I put the buds in the box and both have fixed light after a short blinking white light. Btw, should I open the case while charging using the wall charger? 

Still having the same issue. Right bud wont turn on. No light at all. And left bud is still blinking white light. 

Looks like I'm going to find a Bose support center here. 😞