Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Soundsport Right earbud does not charge and eventually dies.

This is my 3rd pair replaced for the same reason under warrantee.  Eventually, the right earbud does not charge properly in the case and eventually is dead.  This time it is just outside the one year warrantee.  Will Bose honor the warrantee or am I out of luck?  Is there a fix?  Bose only replaced the product in the past and not repaired it.  Frustrating to open case and find the right earbud not charged.  Does BOSE monitor these posts?  Last reference [Edited by Moderator]

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport Right earbud does not charge and eventually dies.

Hey Kahuna, 

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at the Bose Community. We will do all we can to point you in the right direction. 

Whilst we will be more than happy to help you with troubleshooting, we will be unable to assist with customer service-related issues. You will need to reach out to the team by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help! 

If you wish to proceed with some troubleshooting, please let me know which Soundsport headphones you have and any troubleshooting you have already tried. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 19, 2020

I have the same issue, though this is my first set of earbuds. Over the last few days it felt like it might be running out of battery quickly, but work good anyway. The today I get nothing out of the right earbud at all. Charging case went through the blinking light to solid charge stage last night, and does the three blink solid right now even the right earbud is dead.

Highlighted

Hello Hellno187, 

Welcome to the forums. 

I would love to see if I can help. There is some great troubleshooting listed below, however, if this does not work, the next step would be to contact your local support team using the steps written above. 

1. Go to btu.bose.com on a computer and update your headphones software.
  2. Try resetting your headphones. To do this place the earbuds into the charging case, plug the charging case into a wall outlet using a USB charger and wait 5 seconds, unplug the USB cord from the charging case and wait 1 minute. After that remove the earbuds from the case and try again. 
  3. Clearing the Bluetooth list. To do this press and hold the Bluetooth button for 10 seconds, until you hear “Bluetooth device list cleared.”
  4. Delete your headphones from the Bose Connect app and from the Bluetooth list on your mobile device and then repair them. 

Let me know how this goes!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 23, 2017

This just happened to me a couple weeks ago - also, right after the end of the 1 year warranty.

I was able to get it working occasionally by cleaning both the earbud and the case with an alcohol wipe, but even when that does work, it only lasts until the next time I use it, so I'm not confident that cleaning is actually what's temporarily fixing it.  I gave up on complaining about it because the QC earbuds came out and I got those, but am now waiting to see if they are going to send out a firmware update to fix two key issues before my return window ends, so I might need to end up going back to the SoundSports.

Long story short, I'm following this thread now.  Good luck.