Participant
Registered since

Sep 13, 2019

Soundsport WIreless Don't Hold Charge in Case

I have Soundsport Wireless buds.  I charge them to 100%, use them for 1 minute, then place them in the charging case for safe storage.  Within a week, they have no charge.  They don't hold their charge, even though they are supposed to automatically turned off when placed in the charging case.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport WIreless Don't Hold Charge in Case

Hi Sherwoood, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I can confirm that this will happen over time as the device will drain the battery for the headphones. For the longest battery life with storage I would recommend that you ensure that both the case and headphones are fully charged. 

I hope this helps and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

I have the same issue. even if the earbuds are fully charged, and put in the case, after a few days both are dead even if yhey have not been used. There must be a way to turn them.off sp they do not consume battery once charged. This is rediculous

Highlighted

Hello W01fpack, 

Thanks for joining in the discussion. Welcome to the site!

The headphones are designed to power off upon secure attachment to the pins inside the case. From there, the product will draw power from the case to recharge. As mentioned by Hector, please ensure the case is fully charged to ensure an adequate amount of power can be drawn to charge the headphones. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

They are properly inserted. In dact I charged the wholre unit with the headphones properly inserted. without removing the earbuds, i left them sit after fully charging, withon a few days everything is discharged. Again this os after a full charged, buds secure in the case

Highlighted

Hello W01fpack, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sorry to hear this. That certainly isn't the expected behavior of the product.

Please check to ensure the firmware is up to date via the Bose Connect app or viathis link on a PC.

If the issue persists, please reach out to support in your country here.

Kind regards,

Jeff G

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

I have tried your support via the website. 

I never get anywhere, it keeps sending me in circles.This is a pain in tbe butt.

The app says they are up to date.

I just want them to not drain battery afer they are charged. Is that really too much to ask for?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 1, 2020

I just thought it was my case but apparently many have this issue. Very surprising and actually disappointing since I have a set of AirPods it have had in the case since March of this year and the buds and case were still holding a 100% charge. Maybe its time to switch to Beats, my wife has them and she speaks very highly of them.