Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Soundsport Wireless 3 consistently crashes Pixel 3

My Google Pixel 3 crashes consistently whenever I am connected to my Soundsport Wireless Free headphones. Within 10 seconds after connecting, my phone crashes and restarts. With the headphones not connected, my phone is fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Re: Soundsport Wireless 3 consistently crashes Pixel 3

Author Accepted Answer selected by eugene1832

Thanks for the response -

I don't have another bluetooth earphone set to test against my phone - however I have had these Soundsport Wireless headphones for at least half a year now and have not encountered issues before.

The headphones have the Dec 2019 firmware, which I believe is the latest - firmware 2.8.0.

My Pixel 3 has the latest software updates.

However! I have connected my headphones to my phone at home and have not encountered this crashing + restart over 15 minutes. I'm going to go with something at the airport was interfering with the bluetooth connection and causing my phone to crash - because the crashing only happened after my earphones connected. Concerning for my future travels if I want to use these earphones, but I can't reproduce it now at home.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi @eugene1832,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having these issues. This is certainly not a common issue, I would love to help you try to resolve this.

I'd like to get a better understanding of the problems you're facing. Can you please confirm:

- Have you tried to connect a different set of headphones to your Google Pixel?

- Have you tried to connect your Soundsport Free headphones to a different smartphone?

- Have you tried to update the firmware of your Soundsport Free headphones? 

- Have you checked if there's a new software update for your Google Pixel?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 9, 2020

Author Accepted Answer selected by eugene1832

Thanks for the response -

I don't have another bluetooth earphone set to test against my phone - however I have had these Soundsport Wireless headphones for at least half a year now and have not encountered issues before.

The headphones have the Dec 2019 firmware, which I believe is the latest - firmware 2.8.0.

My Pixel 3 has the latest software updates.

However! I have connected my headphones to my phone at home and have not encountered this crashing + restart over 15 minutes. I'm going to go with something at the airport was interfering with the bluetooth connection and causing my phone to crash - because the crashing only happened after my earphones connected. Concerning for my future travels if I want to use these earphones, but I can't reproduce it now at home.

View solution in original post