Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Soundsport Wireless Auto Connects

Hi 

I have the Soundsport Wireless. Firmware version 3.0.4.  

The issue I face is that even after I power off the headset, it will auto connect to the phone and then stay on, killing the battery. 

Every 30 seconds or so the voice prompts is "Battery x% ... Connected to <phone name>"

I have unpaired from the phone.  In this case the voice prompt continuously is "Ready to pair".

Have tried uninstalling the Bose app but that does not change behaviour. 

Please help.  Thanks

Sajit 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Re: Soundsport Wireless Auto Connects

Author Accepted Answer selected by sajitk

Had to get them swopped out at local distributor.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Hi Sajitk, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am deeply sorry to hear that you are experiencing this strange issue and would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, I would recommend that you perform a reset on the headphones via: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

As well as turning Voice Prompts off and then on again. This can be done via > Opening the Bose Connect App > Settings > Voice Prompts > Off > On. I would also recommend that you clear the pairing list for the headphones before reconnecting to them, you can perform this by: 

• Power off your product
  • Press and hold the Power/Bluetooth button for 10 seconds until you hear Bluetooth device list cleared.

Please update us on the result of these steps and if any other community members are also having this experience please do let us know.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Hi,

I have tried to do as you mentioned.  The thing is that when I power down, within 30 seconds it powers up by itself and tries to auto connect so the whole hard reset process fails. 

I have turned off voice prompts and the behaviour stays the same.

Sajit Kalidas

Highlighted

Hi Sajitk, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I am sorry to hear that the issue still persists. 

Can you please attempt to clear the pairing list first before attempting to perform the reset to avoid the auto connect issue you are experiencing? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

I have tried that ... same result.  

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch, sajitk.

I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues regarding this. Moving forward, I would recommend reaching out to local support via this link. The team will be able to discuss service further. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Contributor
Registered since

Oct 11, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by sajitk

Had to get them swopped out at local distributor.

View solution in original post