Participant
Registered since

Nov 20, 2020

Soundsport Wireless Buds will not Maintain Connection to Macbook Pro

Bose product name: Bose Soundsport Wireless Buds

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.): MacBook Air

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce: Bose Soundsport Wireless Earbuds will connect to MacBook Air, but will not maintain connection or play anything from the computer. Connection works just fine with iPhone XR. Please help!

Any troubleshooting steps you took: Restarted computer, disconnected and reconnected buds to computer. Initial connection with MacBook Pro and buds is fine, but disconnects automatically after 5-10 seconds. No issues with connection to phone and all troubleshooting for MacBook Pro occurred while bluetooth on iPhone disconnected.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Soundsport Wireless Buds will not Maintain Connection to Macbook Pro

Hey rblumenfeld,

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering an issue with your SoundSport buds maintaining a connection to your MacBook Pro, but I'd be happy to help! What OS is your MacBook Pro currently running on? There have been reports from other users in the Community of slight issues with the Big Sur OS and Bluetooth connections.

If you haven't already, check your headphones firmware is up-to-date HERE. Are you staying within the 33ft range when using the headphones with the MacBook, and do you have any issues with other Bluetooth headphones connecting to the MacBook?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!