jojamlin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Soundsport Wireless Headphones Malfunctioning

Bose Soundsport Wireless Malfunctioning

To Whom It May Concern,

I recently got caught in a rain storm while running  1/2 marathon while using my Bose Soundsport Wireless headphones.  My headphones stopped working, no lights or indication of power.  

After the race I tried plugging in the headphones into power to assess the issue.  After leaving the headphones plugged in for a short time a red/orange light came on, I believe it was blinking.  I unplugged the headphones to check for functionality and found they still were not working.  I re-plugged them in and charged them overnight.  

I checked the headphones in the morning and there was solid green light.  I checked the functionality again and still cannot get them to work.  They are currently still displaying a solid green light whether plugged into power or not plugged into power and continue to have no function.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh

9 REPLIES 9
Jeff_G

Re: Soundsport Wireless Headphones Malfunctioning

Hello Josh,

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. Welcome to the site. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your headphones. I would recommend checking to ensure the headphones are fully up to date by visiting this link on a computer.

If you continue to have problems, please reach out to local support in your region here to discuss your options for service.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
jojamlin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Thanks for the response.  I followed the link provided and arrived on the software updater page.  I hover over the download option and it will not allow me to execute the command, the button is not active.  It does allow me to execute the Launch command but then takes me to a an error stating "Google Chrome OS can't open this page".

I do have a Google Chromebook, is this not an option to run on this type of device?

Thanks,

Josh

Jeff_G

Hello Jojamlin, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. I can confirm the updater will only work on Windows/Mac-based computers. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
jojamlin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Hello,

I was finally able to update the software and the headphones are still not functioning properly.  I am able to charge the headphones fully with the green light indication, but the headphones will not turn on when with the full charge.  When the battery runs out almost completely they function normally.  This issue is not resolved. 

Due to my lifestyle they need for headphones is very important to me and because of this I purchased another pair of Bose headphones (Soundsport Pulse) to allow me to continue my exercise regiment.  I immediately had issues with these right out of the box.  I put a full charge on them the same day I brought them home and went to workout, everything functioned normally.  I took them to the gym the next day and the battery was completely dead.  I found this odd as I had only used them the previous day for a little over an hour and they were turned off completely.  

I took them inside my house that evening and gave them a full charge, after charging them I ensured the headphones where turned completely off and left them unplugged on my counter while I was at work that day.  When I got home I checked the headphones to see if they were still charged and found them to be completely dead.  The brand new pair continues to run out battery reserves when not in use while being turned off.

Now I have two pairs of Bose Soundsport Headphones, my original pair that stopped working after I ran a long road race in rainy weather and the brand new pair that I have had for a few weeks.  

Please advise, I would appreciate replacement items for both pair.

Thanks,

Josh
Keith_L
Community Manager

Hello jojamlin,

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear you are still having issues.

What I would recommend you do for both sets of headphones is perform a reset. To perform the reset you will need to follow the instructions below. This process is the same for both of your sets of headphones.

• Power off your headphones.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger.
  • Wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset.
  • Wait one minute.
  • Power on your product.

If you find you are still having problems after doing this reset, you will want to get in touch with your local support team, as they will be able to help you resolve this issue. You can find the contact information at this link, by selecting your country/region and then the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the page.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

jojamlin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Keith,

Thanks for the quick response.  I have followed the link you provided, I followed the prompts and it brought me to the Bose home page, I am not seeing anything regarding local support.  Can you please verify the link you sent is correct.  I need to address this issue ASAP.  

Thanks,

Josh

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi jojamlin,

I'm sorry to hear you were unable to find the information.

The link I posted will take you to a page where you select your region or country. From there it will take you to the Bose homepage for that country, the 'contact us' link can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page.

Alternatively, if you let me know what country you are based in, I can post a link directly to the correct contact information.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

jojamlin
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Keith,

I appreciate you offering to connect me to the correct support team.  I am located in the Untied States, more specifically Kansas City, Missouri.  I will await their response.

Thanks,

Josh

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi Josh,

I believe there may have been a slight misunderstanding there, I would not be able to get the support team to contact you directly. What I was offering to do was find the correct contact information for your region. I do apologize if I wasn't fully clear on that.

The contact information for the US support team can be found HERE.

If you reach out to them, they will be able to assist you further.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L