cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikegf
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Soundsport Wireless battery problems - are they dead?

HI, I have a pair of Soundsport wireless headphones, which are about 2.5 years old.

I've been having battery problems for around a year, and recently have been re-setting two or three times a week.  

Yesterday they said they had 40% charge when I turned them on, about two minutes later they died...I could not get them back to life despite charging, trying to reset, etc....some hours later I somehow managed to turn them back on.   

I charged then up, this morning they had 90%, then a minute later they died again.   I could not restart them.

Is there any fix or repair for this, or do I just get rid of them and buy new ones?   Are later models free of battery issues?

cheers

mikef

PS right now I have them charging.  They show a green light but I am unable to turn them on.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mikegf
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Re: Soundsport Wireless battery problems - are they dead?

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks...I've updated the firmware but the headphones will not come back to life.   I've gone through the support process and I am exchanging them for a new pair...hopefully more recent headphones do not have this battery issue!

cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Hi Mikegf,

Thanks for reaching out, I am very sorry to hear of what you are experiencing with your SoundSport Wireless Headphones. 

Have you tried using an alternate charging cable to see if this may be causing some fault? I would also suggest a different power outlet. 

Following this, check for any available firmware updates for your headphones. This can be done via a computer using a USB and visiting our firmware update website btu.bose.com, which will provide you with full instructions.

Do let us know if this provides any improvements. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
mikegf
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 22, 2020

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Vicky_W

Thanks...I've updated the firmware but the headphones will not come back to life.   I've gone through the support process and I am exchanging them for a new pair...hopefully more recent headphones do not have this battery issue!

cheers

View solution in original post