Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Soundsport Wireless not seen in Bose Connect App on Android

I have an android phone, OnePlus 6T.  I downloaded the Bose Connect app and followed the instructions and my headphones will not connect.  I have no trouble connecting to the phone outside the app.  I have cleared the list on the headphones and turned them off and on within a couple feet of the phone without any other Bose Connect App on any other devices nearby.  What am I missing?  The Bose Connect App does not seem to even attempt to find them.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

Re: Soundsport Wireless not seen in Bose Connect App on Android

Sorry, they are the Soundsport Free Wireless Headphones.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there Brick, and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to connect to your headset on your phone and would be happy to look into this for you!

Firstly, as these are pairing through Bluetooth correctly, can I ask that you uninstall and reinstall the app, and then search again please?

Furthermore, if you were to borrow another device from a friend and look for the headset on the app here, are you able to find these then?

As an additional note here, can I ask if you have been able to connect to this on the app at any point or if this is a recent issue?

Please get back to me when you can so I can follow up for you! 😊

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I just received by Bose soundsport free wireless earbuds yesterday and they connected fine to my google pixel 2xl but when I downloaded the connect app from google playstore, it could not find my earbuds.  I've unpaired and re paired them, I've turned them off and back on according to the directions on this blog, I don't know if I am overlooking something, I hope so because I really like them so far.  Please help!!!!

Highlighted

Hello Diane 67,

Welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear you have had difficulties pairing your SoundSport Free wireless headphones to your Google Pixel 2XL. 

I would recommend unpairing the headphones using the instructions here, then without pairing through the Google Pixel Bluetooth settings screen, open the Bose Connect app first, and attempt pairing through the app. 

I'd be interested to hear how you get on, so please feel free to reply with your results. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared the headphones of prior connections, and the app still does not connect.  I have done all this in the past as well.  This is something I have tried for the past few weeks off and on.  

To answer your question, they have never connected to the app.  I don't have another set to attempt to connect.  

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 22, 2019

I had already tried that.  There has to be a way of fixing this problem in the app!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 21, 2019

And now it worked.  I have no idea why, I did nothing new.  I pulled out my headphones, opened the app, and waited.  It did its standard thing of saying it found nothing, then a minute later connected.  

Highlighted

Hello Brick,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm thrilled to hear this is now working for you. Please continue to monitor this, and if the issue persists, please reach out to support in your country.

Be aware that it is incredibly difficult from a development standpoint to support every single Android device, but Bose tries to support as many flagship products as possible. This is just generally the case with app development on Android. The product will continue to function without the need for the Bose Connect app.

Hello Diane67, 

Thank you for your reply,

To reiterate what was mentioned to Brick, it can be difficult to support all Android devices so we cannot guarantee support for all smartphones, but Bose tries to support as many as possible. Most flagship devices should be supported. If you haven't already, please attempt to update the firmware of the headphones to ensure it is fully up to date. To do this, please visit this link on a computer, then connect the headphones (while inserted into their case) when prompted.

If the issue persists, please test with other devices to see if the issue persists. If the issue only occurs on the Pixel, then it may potentially be an incompatibility with that device. Finally, please ensure the Pixel firmware is up to date as this may help with compatibility. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.