Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

Soundsport bluetooth headphones spontaneously turn down volume of audio and make pulsing down

My newly purchased Soundsport headphones are turning down the volume of audio content on my iPhone XR. This problem is across functions--on Spotify, phone calls, and the Apple Podcast app. 

I have to constantly press the volume up button on my iPhone to hear the audio content I'm playing. If I allow the headphones to turn the volume all the way down, they start making a high pitched pulsing noise. While they are doing this and connected to the iPhone they will not power down. 

I have downloaded and installed the latest software for the headphones from the Bose Connect app as suggested in other posts and I have removed the headphones from my list of Bluetooth devices and reconnected as suggested.  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Soundsport bluetooth headphones spontaneously turn down volume of audio and make pulsing down

Hi WNRT,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. Congratulations on your new headphones! I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble using them and I am happy to help resolve this with you.

This issue you are experiencing is highly unusual. It is very strange they are behaving in this way when connected to your iPhone.

Thank you for already trying that troubleshooting, the steps you have tried already are very helpful when dealing with any product issues and will help us narrow down exactly what is causing this issue with your headphones.

Could you confirm for me which headphones we are trying to use? Is it the SoundSport wireless headphones or the SoundSport Free wireless headphones? The troubleshooting we will need to perform will depend on which headphones we are trying to use

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

Re: Soundsport bluetooth headphones spontaneously turn down volume of audio and make pulsing down

It's the Soundsport model -- the one that has a cord connecting the two earbuds.

Highlighted

Hello WNRT, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Does this occur when you pair the headphones with other devices? Or is it just the iPhone XR? 

If it occurs across all tested devices, this may imply a fault with the in-line controls, so an exchange would be recommended. If you are still within the returns period, please get in touch with the point of sale. If you have exceeded the returns period, please get in touch with local support by visiting this page.

Kind regards,

Jeff G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Participant
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

The headphones worked with with the Spotify web player on my Dell laptop, but would not power down When I pushed the power button while the music was playing. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 22, 2020

I just purchase the Bose sport pulse wireless earbuds as well through amazon.com new. And off and on they do the same thing. They have the most up to date update and they sound  great.  Other then the spontaneous volume lowering.